Why become a member? Read more... ×
Basschat podcast: Episode 3 Read more... ×
Volume

SOLD - Squier Vintage Modified Mustang - SOLD
£350

Posted (edited)

Alas - I've succumbed to a case of New Year's GAS and need to clear a space on the rack.

So - I'm reluctantly offering for sale my Squier Vintage Modified Mustang.

Indonesian-built in 2011, it's equipped with Duncan Designed Pickups - and through bridge stringing. It's finished in Black, with a maple neck and board. Being a short-scale instrument, it has 19 medium Jumbo frets - it's strung with Fender 5250XL strings (with plenty of life left in them), and is currently set-up with a nice mid-to-low action. The short scale, and butter-smooth action really easy and comfortable to play, and the Duncan pups (and minimalist Master Volume and Tone nob setup) provide a surprising spectrum of tones - it sounds great with fingers or a pick, slapped or tapped...

I replaced the original headstock logo, and swapped the stock 3 ply scratch plate with a mirrored one - if I can find the original in the coming few days, I'll happily include it with the bass.

Condition-wise, the bass is at least a 9/10... I can't find a mark on it aside from a fingerprint or two. 

Here's some specs and a little blurb from the Fender site;

"A truly classic Fender® bass guitar model from the mid-1960s returns in the sleek, short-scale form of the Squier Vintage Modified Mustang Bass. The instrument honors its 1966 ancestor with a basswood body finished in Black or Three-color Sunburst, 19-fret maple neck and 30 scale perfect for players of all kinds who appreciate the comfort of a short-scale instrument. Other features include a Duncan DesignedTM split single-coil pickup, three-ply pickguard, chrome tuners and distinctive Mustang Bass four-saddle bridge. Superior tone, smooth playability, great comfort and fantastic value.

- Body: Basswood
- Body Shape: Mustang®
- Series: Vintage Modified Series
- Neck: Maple
- Fingerboard: Maple
- Fingerboard Radius: 9.5 inch
- Frets: 19, Medium Jumbo
- Scale Length:30 Inches
- Nut Width: 1.5 Inches
- Hardware: Chrome
- Tuning Keys: Standard Open-Gear Tuners
- Bridge: Strings-Thru-Body with 4 individually Adjustable Saddles
- Pickups: Special Duncan Design Split Single-Coil Mustang Bass Pickup
- Controls: Volume, Tone
- Unique Features: 30 inches Scale Length, Black Dot Position Inlays, Black Numbered Volume and Tone Control Knobs, Synthetic Bone Nut

I can have the bass shipped out Worldwide via UPS, securely packaged within a hardshell Gator case - all included in the asking price

If you have any questions, by all means let me know via PM and I'll get back to you ASAP 

Mustang.png

Image.png

Image-1.png

Edited by Volume
Item has now sold - added the word 'SOLD' to the product title, as per Basschat regulations
  • Like 1

Do these have a 7.25" neck radius like a vintage Fender MIJ, or 9.5" like the most recent Fender MIM?

Where are you located?

Bump! - new pics attached

m3.png

m2.png

file2.jpeg

file1.jpeg

Edited by Volume
additional pics added

is this still available 

have you found the black scratchplate

does it have a case/ gig bag

are you interested in any trades ( I am selling a five string)

@Osiris - reply incoming

@Skezza - The bass comes with a Gator Hardcase, in near-perfect condition, with lockable clasps. 

I haven't found the black scratchplate yet - but would be happy to ship it on to the perspective buyer once found. 

Trades-wise - I'm all set at the moment, so am looking for a straight sale at the moment. 

Thanks!

Rich

On 08/01/2019 at 12:30, Volume said:

...... securely packaged within a hardshell Fender case .....

16 hours ago, Volume said:

The bass comes with a Gator Hardcase .......

Not nitpicking...... Just pointing out the discrepancy. :)

Price drop to £200 shipped within the UK (£220 to the EU, £230 to Rest of World)

@clivem - eek! - thanks for the heads-up - I've amended the original post

Rich

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Marky Screen
      Bit of a bargain I thought for anyone manchester way that wants a new fender stack.
      https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Fender-Rumble-300-Head-112-210-Cabs-zoom-B1Xon-Pedal/163599809083?hash=item26174efa3b:g:0GEAAOSwY7lcjQHy&frcectupt=true
    • By ordep
      Dont really want to do this as this is quite rare and really is a joy to play, but a bass that I really regret selling is being offered back to me so I am offering this rare 1984 medium scale JV in very good condition. I just bought this from Oggy about a month ago, and is barely used. More details can be found on Tim’s original ad:

Offering this again for what I paid for it; £600 firm collected from my place in WD6 or meetup somewhere nearby. Will come with a fender strap, a basic gigbag and a bunch of strings. 
      Might retract this ad once I came back to my senses so if you are interested just send me a PM. 🙂

• By matbard
      Spector Bantam 4 strings 30" scale, made in the Czech Republic, first model sold in Europe ((the white version is only available for the UK distributor).
      It’s the only modern-imprinted short-scale bass available today, presented at NAMM 2018 and bought by me in London for the London Bass Day 2018 last march:
      http://www.spectorbass.com/BantamSeries
      Fender Urban Short Scale gigbag and 24-volt EMG mod(not installed) included.
      Invoice and original purchase document dated 03/03/2018 of the original seller(Bassdirect.co.uk) included.
      Shipping costs at the buyer’s expense.

No trades, sorry!

• By Sandypjb
      Hi folks, 
      Long-time daily lurker and occasional poster here. Here's my beloved and beautiful Crafted in Japan Fender Jazz Marcus Miller Signature 4-string for sale only (No trades as I'm raising funds for a special birthday bass).
      It dates to 2004-2005, so is one of the first generation with the separate battery compartment. It's all-original and includes the neck PU cover. There hasn't been one of these up for sale for a while so grab it while you can.
      I've owned the bass since new alongside a P and Double H and it's fulfilled all the jazz bass-style requirements - great for 'musical' punch and 'honk' when played over the 70s position bridge pick-up and of course slap.
      The weight is 4.1 kg/9.0 lb I think - I will check that if anyone is interested. The sunburst finish is fantastic. This bass also has a lovely grain to the ash which shows through nicely.
      As it's around 14 years old, there are a couple of minor dings, which I tried and failed to photograph. There's a slight dint in the rear of the neck and another on the top body bout. Lastly, the scratchplate has a few marks (naturally!) and I've added a bit of foam under the preamp to stop it moving.
      A soft SKB gig bag is included in the price - The strings are very new Ernie Balls.
      I'm based in Newcastle upon tyne, and I would prefer to meet in person up to 100 miles from Newcastle to do the deal but I will ship at the buyer's expense.
      Specs (from Reverb) as follows;
      ·         Made in Japan
      ·         Body: Ash
      ·         Neck: 1-Piece Maple, “C” Shape (Gloss Urethane Finish)
      ·         Fingerboard: Maple with White Binding and White Pearl Block Position Inlays, 7.25” Radius (184 mm)
      ·         No. of Frets: 20 Medium Jumbo Frets
      ·         Pickups: 2 Vintage Jazz Bass Single-Coil Pickups
      ·         Controls: Volume 1. (Neck Pickup), Volume 2. (Bridge Pickup), Tone 1. Active Bass Boost/Cut, Tone 2. Active Treble Boost/Cut
      ·         Pickup Switching 2-Way Mini Toggle Switch for Active/Passive Mode.
      ·         In Passive Mode, Only The Two Volume Controls Function.
      ·         In Active Mode, Both Volume and Tone Controls Function.
      ·         Bridge: Leo Quan Badass® II
      ·         Machine Heads: Vintage Style Reverse Tuning Machines
      ·         Hardware: Nickel/Chrome
      ·         Pickguard: 3-Ply Black (Separate Cover For Battery Compartment)
      ·         Scale Length; 34” (863.6 mm)
      ·         Width at Nut: 1.50” (38 mm)
      ·         Unique Features: Chrome Neck Pickup Cover,
      ·         Knurled Chrome Dome Knobs on Volume Controls,
      ·         Black Jazz Bass Knobs on Tone Controls,
      ·         3-Bolt Neck Plate with Micro-Tilt™ Adjustment,
      ·         "Bullet Truss Rod Adjustment,
      ·         White Fingerboard Binding with White Pearl Block Position Inlays,
      ·         Satin Finish Neck with Gloss Finish on Headstock
      Any Questions, please PM me. Thanks for looking.

• By ThePapabull
      For sale is my Fender Jazz Deluxe. It's in fantastic condition. I've owned it from new. It's a 2014 model, with N3 noiseless pups. Putting a John East Retro pre amp took this  bass to another level. Super easy to get a full range of awesome bass tones. The neck is incredible, very fast and comfortable to play. Looks great too with block inlays and bound edges.