Why become a member? ×

It's back!

Roger2611

7 hours ago, prowla said:

ebay don't seem inclined to take it down (illegal use of logo, etc.).

They'd only take it down on that basis in response to a complaint from the brand owner.

Ebay doesn't know it's not a Fender any more than half the people who've bid on the various listings for it do.

Pulled as no longer available

then relisted again https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/312422909660?_trksid=p2471758.m4704

and already bid up from 99p to £255 in less than one day, something very wrong going on - though the bidders all appear to be different to when it made £375 but sale wasn't completed

this sort of thing makes Ebay look stupid, surely they realise that

57 minutes ago, Dan Dare said:

His other feedback is all for bric-a-brac and antiques. I suspect he hasn't a clue what this is worth (about £3) and is trying his luck. Note he doesn't describe it as a Fender - obviously covering his @rse.

He is, however, including pictures of the Fender logo, which comprises part of the item details.

If I remember the first listing did describe it as a Fender. That was pulled & it was relisted after the "error" was pointed out by several on here.

So even if he doesn't know what it is (which he does, because I told him exactly what it is), he knows perfectly well what it isn't.

Interesting that it's "sold" previously, been relisted and immediately bid up unfeasibly high for a beat-up copy. IMO quite obviously shilled to buggery.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bassassin said:

If I remember the first listing did describe it as a Fender. That was pulled & it was relisted after the "error" was pointed out by several on here.

So even if he doesn't know what it is (which he does, because I told him exactly what it is), he knows perfectly well what it isn't.

Interesting that it's "sold" previously, been relisted and immediately bid up unfeasibly high for a beat-up copy. IMO quite obviously shilled to buggery.

Yep - smells as fishy as an old kipper.

Is there anything to stop someone using his photo and title and making their own listing explaining exactly what the bass is to warn woukd be buyers? Ebays algorithms would suggest the new listing if you'd viewed the scammy one. Obviously put a rediculously high price and explain why. 

Ebay aren't doing anything to stop this so maybe the public should. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Maude said:

Is there anything to stop someone using his photo and title and making their own listing explaining exactly what the bass is to warn woukd be buyers? Ebays algorithms would suggest the new listing if you'd viewed the scammy one. Obviously put a rediculously high price and explain why. 

Ebay aren't doing anything to stop this so maybe the public should. 

I suspect that would be seen as fraudulent.  It's not as though you could provide the goods in question, after all.  So it would be high risk if you had any sort of reputation. 

9 hours ago, alyctes said:

I suspect that would be seen as fraudulent.  It's not as though you could provide the goods in question, after all.  So it would be high risk if you had any sort of reputation. 

I think ebay would take it down, as it's not a genuine auction.