Why become a member? ×

RH450 Advice

Pete M

Hi All 

Some advice please if poss. I have the TC Electronic RH450 amp amd 2 x 10 combo which is great. I'm in the market for an extension cabinet for some decent venues and i'm unsure what I should go for but I don't want to add anymore 10" speakers in so either 

RS112 (1 x 12)

RS115 (1 x 15)

RC212 (2 x 12) 

Also if anyone is letting a unit go let me know. 

Edited by Pete M

I had an rs212 running with my 450 for years and it was more than adequate for most sized venues, for larger venues I added an rs210. I also bought an RS 112 to give flexibility to combine any cab I felt I needed. I then upgraded my 450 to the 750, which I now run with a 4 ohm berg 212.  Since getting the berg I’ve sold the 210 and 112, I don’t think I’d play a venue that really needed any more than that, that didn’t have its own PA. 

So, my advice would be to try a decent 212 cab, you’ll be surprised at the difference it makes and I’m fairly sure you’d use it all the time. 

If you like the sound you have, get another 2x10. It’ll give you more of the same, but a bigger sound. If you add a different cab, it’s gonna sound different & you won’t know if it’s gonna be any good until you’re at the gig.