Velcro! Which Way Round?

Jack

Your generic, brand-agnostic, hook and loop fastener  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Which way around?

• Hook on the board, loop on the pedals
    • Loop on the board, hook on the pedals

Hey guys,

Is there a consensus? I'd always applied the hook to the board, and the loop to the pedals, that way when one takes a pedal off a board and uses it on it's own the pedal doesn't pick up all the rubbish in the velcro and ruin the carpet. That seemed to make sense to me and for many years there was joy. Nowadays, with the advent of the internet, camera phones, 'show your board' threads and the BC marketplace, it seems as though most people prefer the hook on the pedal. Am I missing something?

Edited by Jack

32 minutes ago, bartelby said:

I do the same as you, for the same reason.

I also started doing the same as you and Jack, but it seemed all the pedals I bought used had the velcro the other way around with the (hard) hooks on the bottom and a Pedaltrain PT2 I just bought from the FS was topped the (soft) loop, so I've kinda now gone with the flow. 

But I agree if you have the soft loop on the bottom of your pedals it doesn't pick up crap, nor scratch surfaces. Makes much better sense :)

However VHS won the day over Betamax. And some folk still don't rate Yamaha BBs...😂

Edited by Al Krow
  • Haha 2

Try it with hook on the top, then if you don't like it, turn your board over and try it the other way round. If you don't like it that way, it's easier to change back..... If you DO prefer it, you should probably give up pedals.

This thread is proof that being in the majority of a vote doesn't necessarily make something the correct choice.

I'm trying to think of another example, maybe a newsworthy and topical one, to prove my point... 😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 2