Why become a member? ×

Mother Turtle Zea Mice

GeoFil

2 hours ago, GeoFil said:

...much obliged if you bass fellows could give it a go......

Not sure that I qualify, really (I'm a drummer...), but anyway...
I'm afraid that, at first listen-through, I didn't adhere, despite the obvious virtuosity and excellent production. It's not 'light listening', so one probably has to be in a particular receptive mood for this. Sorry, but that's not my current state; that's no fault of your music. I'll not dwell, then, on a full-out blow-by-blow resumé (it wouldn't be fair...), but I would encourage others to give it some time, preferably through a decent sound system, as there's a lot in there.
No qualms, then, with the execution, and just a tiny niggle with the fading in of each track. I couldn't find a common thread through the works, but, again, that's probably down to me, rather than the opus.
I'll note this, just the same, and may well come back to it in the future. If I had any comparison to offer, I'd liken the ilk to Magma, or even shades of Shakti (both of whom I greatly admire, so take that as a high compliment...).
Well done for getting such rich work out to be listened to, and wishing you and your partners a merited success. Good Stuff, but I've not been able to take it in as it deserves. Thanks for sharing. :friends:

• Thanks 1

But of course you qualify...After all drummers are considered bassists best fellows!☺️ It's in the nature of this album to demand time to adhere and give you a bigger picture...The fadings wasn't a plan at all but it was done for reproducing purproses only(radios,web players etc.).Magma is indeed one of our favourite bands(probably a genre on their own).

Thank you very much for taking time to listen and write your thoughts!Cheers!

Edited by GeoFil