Why become a member? ×

Ibanez ICB08 Chequered Iceman *SOLD*
£250

Woodinblack

I have made a decision to sell everything I am not gigging or at least using, and although i have gigged this live and love it, it is missing a string for me, I pretty well only play 5 strings. I have always had comments when I have done a gig with this, it makes a statement and certainly stands out. Strangely, mostly positive.

Bought it on here at the beginning of last year, knowing I only played 5 strings but was really wanting an iceman.

This was ibanezes attempt to make an iconic shape after they got a bit kicked by gibson in the 70s. The guitar is still made, they only rarely make the bass, and almost always in black, the guitar gets more love. Its a nice bass to play although it is a little head heavy as the body weighs nothing and the neck is quite long. The strap pin has been moved which helps a bit. I don't know what the pickups are but they sound good. I have made it active with bass and treble as it needed it as I don't like passive basses. 

Has a scratch on the back that I did somehow and some damage along the bottom which was there when I got it, unfortunately the shape of the iceman means that if you stand it on the ground it is going to take a lot of force there as there is a point. It is also not going to balance well

Looking to sell rather than trade as I am reducing my numbers down. The only thing I would be interesting in trading for would be a 5 string iceman.

Can pickup from Yeovil, or I can deliver for a reasonable distance, often go to Bristol / Bath / Exeter etc or can meet in the middle somewhere. 

Could post though that depends on the other basses I am selling, I currently lack boxes.

P1130585.thumb.jpg.3ae3710d4dd6e0d86c83da4a133410a5.jpgP1130588.thumb.jpg.5dd4807e09e20dfbadcc76ee60861991.jpgP1130590.thumb.jpg.9709034847f6cd8e8e0c916e64f149f8.jpgP1130589.thumb.jpg.b17520089f5a65f0e8aabbbb4885f9c3.jpgIMG_1314.thumb.jpg.02dca121a8dde3e17f30e97e1b3eaaca.jpg

Edited by Woodinblack
  • Like 4

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/13/2019 at 11:12 PM, Woodinblack said:

ok..

Beh, potresti inviarmi messaggi o dettagli dettagli di quanto sei interessato?

Ciao, how can we chat, sir? Firts time here, mi dispiace. 

Edited by GiulioD