Why become a member? ×

TEMP REMOVAL FROM SALE
£140

Nothingman

Hello! 

For sale my lovely Squier Precision P/J bass. 

I purchased this off a top fella in the North East in the summer of 2017 as a bass to help me get back playing (after years of packing it in). I have since got my hands on an Epiphone Jack Casaday and I love it. On the rare occasion that I swap basses out during playing, the sounds are too much of a variant for me not to start needing to make adjustments to my rig. As a non tech person, who just plugs in and plays, this would require a little bit of work to balance the sound of the JC and the P bass. So not something I can really be bothered, nor need, to do. Therefore I want to let this one go to a new home. 

The P bass is a lovely tone for the price, as expected with Squier gear. The neck is what really did it for me, the slimmer Jazz profile and satin finish are a lovely touch and the P/J PUP configuration makes it and extremely versatile little beast. It’s got a few scuffs (belt rash etc) as per usage but no significant chips or dents etc.        

It has served me well and is a straight up really reliable but if wood. This bass would suit a beginner (or somebody coming back to the fold), it would be a reliable back up bass or it could be a budget friendly workhorse for some righteous cats. Either way it's great value for a great price. 

Items I would look for trading:

Decent preamp pedal

short scale bass

EB3

Happy to field any questions, allow for demos and send more photos etc if anybody wants to know more. 

I would prefer collection from North Yorkshire but can post if buyer arranges etc. However, please note I don't think I have got a box at the moment so would need to source this and therefore may be a delay to any postage. It is for sale on other places as well, so will get pulled from here if I get a sale via another method. 

Thanks for looking. 

Will 

D995A7B9-0B6C-4FDA-AEE2-C2FB20A4FFC3.thumb.jpeg.367347bc88137df531d1a7202145ce63.jpg

90792C05-661F-4FA0-82AE-D73A6459B1DA.thumb.jpeg.3fa0f942e16a63f7e318fd95304c6f83.jpg

A4F05E84-2A9E-4BB0-AF47-CF98C4BB5468.thumb.jpeg.430a14c537e0ee05140ca8fd632d33d7.jpg

A61E8C09-4527-49D1-BA6F-D0DB4959DA56.thumb.jpeg.4657987a84afb075b27a5e40eb776b98.jpg

Edited by Nothingman
  • Like 2

Me: that’s a great bass, should get plenty of interest?

Also me: yeah, hopefully. It’s a decent bit of kit and hopefully someone will chuck me an offer. 

Me: sure, doubt it’ll be around for too long. Unfortunately post Christmas and all that jazz often slows these things up, cash shortage and all that. 

Also me: yeah that’s true, let’s see how things go.

Me: well good luck.

Also me: cheers!

Me: one other thing...

Also me: yeah?

Me: have you lost weight?

Also me: No. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Another bump.

Got my amp fixed and sorted, so not desperate for a sale. So will trade for something interesting, fancy trying and epiphone EB3 or something with a beefy soap bar PUP and is going to be equal on volume with my JC. Also looking for decent preamp/compressor pedal, something to enrich my sound..... 

Open to offers really. 

Easy now. 

Will

Edited by Nothingman

1 hour ago, miles'tone said:

Hello there. Any chance you could weigh it for me please? 

Asking for an (my) old man's back!

Hello sir, a rough weight is 4 - 4.2kg. I can't be 100% sure as this was done with me on the bathroom scales without the bass, then holding the bass. 

Hope that helps. 

Will

BUMP.

Few questions on DMs and trade offers and via other selling places but nothing more than that yet.

i have removed 1x15 cab requirement as I can’t justify the space and have other options available to me from friends/studio etc. 

Still happy for interesting bass that will suit my style. Or decent preamp pedal.

Just to a answer a couple of the questions that have come in:

the weight is 4.1 or 4.2 kg. I’ve had to weigh with myself (some sort of techno scales) so not 100% pink torpedo on. 

The colour is red/black 2 tone sun burst and the photos are very true to the colour.

it is based in Harrogate, North Yorkshire. I do travel a bit for work to East Midlands (and other places) but this is hopefully for only another 6 weeks or so! 

Will

• 2 weeks later...

As it's made / crafted in Indonesia, I'm pretty sure it's the Vintage Modified (VM) series. I don't think they made an Affinity series in Indonesia, I'm sure that was only in China
I could be wrong though - so am happy for someone to correct me there.....

Anyhow, every Squier VM I've ever picked up (and I owned one) have been really good instruments for the money
They're a step up from the Affinity series from the same time, and represent excellent value. This one is doubly so, at that price
I'm surprised it's still here, I must say 

4 hours ago, bigevilman said:

Is this the VM or the Affinity?

I haven’t got a clue to be honest. I picked it up as a cheap bass to get back in to playing. Marc S has some pretty solid knowledge right there (appreciated sir). 

But it my own research would suggest its VM. 

Regards

Will. 

3 minutes ago, jrixn1 said:

Is this possibly an Antique Burst "Precision Bass Special", which came before the "Vintage Modified" series?

Ooooh a twist! Cheers pal. I’ll search for those see if it ‘matches’. 

Wish I had the gear knowledge of you guys. 👍

Regards

Will

Still here, many messages but no offers. 

I am about to move house and will be packing it up in storage. So if anyone does want it (on the off chance) best get it now before it is packed away for a couple of months. And I will do it for £115 if someone comes and gets it off my hands. 

It really is a lot of bass for the money. 

Plus, you'll play as good as me! 

Plus, plus, women and men (or whatever your persuasion) will fall at your feet.

Plus, plus, plus when I become the latest rock star (38 ain't too late to start, right?) to burn out then implode you'll have a piece of rock n roll history that you can sell and fund your lifelong ambition of opening a spiritual healing retreat. 

You knows it.   

Will 

Edited by Nothingman

• 1 month later...

Ah, I'm so sorry to hear of your redundancy Nothingman. I'm shortly to be facing the same myself :(
I'm really surprised to see this bass is still here - it's a nice looking instrument, nice colour too - and to anyone wondering about adding a P/J to their fold.... this is a great intro at a silly price

I forgot to say earlier, that my Squier VM was also a P/J and it's what convinced me to go down that route. In fact, the pickups were fairly decent, from memory
I couldn't find out about jrixn1's point above, re it being a "Precision Bass Special". When I got mine, I was told by the shop that it was a Vintage Modified Series, and this one looks identical.... apart from the colour

Either way, this is a steal for somebody. I bought mine as a backup - but ended up gigging it quite a bit, as my then "main bass"
It certainly ranked as good as some, and better than some MIM's I had tried at that time

Again GLWTS
But moreover, good luck with your imminent job search
Have a bump on me :)

• Nothingman changed the title to TEMP REMOVAL FROM SALE
  • gary mac locked this topic