Why become a member? ×

And today’s oddity is....

ash

6 minutes ago, AndyTravis said:

Not the most offensive thing I’ve ever seen.

The reason I had a good look at it was because I have always liked the look of those simple short cutaway instruments like the first Gibson EBO and Melody Maker guitars. On closer inspection the body looks quite big in comparison to the neck, or is it the picture angle? That bridge arrangement though and what a strange pickup choice. Patrick Eggle also made one with a similar shape I remember. 

2 hours ago, dyerseve said:

Oh god, these.

When I worked in a shop we signed a big dealership with ESP/Selectron and got 4 of these as part of that.

They were incredibly bad. We sold 2 at full retail believe it or not. We then had one on display for about a year and ended up selling it for £399 or some such price.

The fourth was used in a giveaway.

5 hours ago, AndyTravis said:

Oh god, these.

When I worked in a shop we signed a big dealership with ESP/Selectron and got 4 of these as part of that.

They were incredibly bad. We sold 2 at full retail believe it or not. We then had one on display for about a year and ended up selling it for £399 or some such price.

The fourth was used in a giveaway.

So did you give it away, or was it a customer?  (I mean, I certainly would, if I'd got it.)  Inquiring minds, etc. etc..

Just now, alyctes said:

So did you give it away, or was it a customer?  (I mean, I certainly would, if I'd got it.)  Inquiring minds, etc. etc..

It was a “caption this...” thing on Facebook. 

I’m sure the person who won it sold it on for £50 the first chance they got. 

• Like 1

I remember being gobsmacked by the sheer awfulness of that "devil girl" mess at a guitar show probably 15 or so years ago.

The other thing is OK by the usual standard of wonky home-made stuff. Looks like a competent woodworker's been having a go at basic luthiery. A few things make you go "why?", considering how easily available decent, inexpensive components are, but otherwise it's a good effort.

About £200 too dear, mind.

• 2 weeks later...