Why become a member? ×

Hello from Hampshire

Strawbs664

Hello from deepest Hampshire.

Been lurking here for ages have finally decided to sign up. First picked up a bass in the mid 80s and went through a few bands before family & mortgages caught up with me & limited me to the occasional bedroom noodle. Had to dust stuff off again in the last couple of years as one of my old bands organised an annual charity reunion, and I couldn't let someone else play my basslines 😂

Gear wise, I've been using a my trusty stingray for the last 25+ years but picked up a cheap EB5 last year which has surprised me somewhat as I'd never rated Gibson basses before.

Anyhoo, I'll keep lurking, and may pop in now & then to add my four pennorth 😊

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Strawbs664 said:

Hello from deepest Hampshire.

Been lurking here for ages have finally decided to sign up. First picked up a bass in the mid 80s and went through a few bands before family & mortgages caught up with me & limited me to the occasional bedroom noodle. Had to dust stuff off again in the last couple of years as one of my old bands organised an annual charity reunion, and I couldn't let someone else play my basslines 😂

Gear wise, I've been using a my trusty stingray for the last 25+ years but picked up a cheap EB5 last year which has surprised me somewhat as I'd never rated Gibson basses before.

Anyhoo, I'll keep lurking, and may pop in now & then to add my four pennorth 😊

ok look f'ward to ur posts

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Strawbs664 said:

The usermane is solely fruit based I'm afraid. I have been tempted by the Strawbs in the past, mainly based on the Rick Wakeman involvement, but have never pulled the trigger, so to speak.

I shall continue with my solitary vice then. But welcome anyway.... 😀

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Strawbs664 said:

...Still trying to figure out how to add my location to my profile...

On a PC: Select the drop-down menu from your User ID and avatar, top right...

Select 'Profile'...

Select 'Edit Profile', top right.

Scroll down a little, to find 'Location' in the 'Personal Information'' section...

Add any other information you wish to divulge whilst you're here ('Birthday', 'About Me' etc...).

'Save' when ready.

Et voilà; hope this helps. B|

• Thanks 1

• 6 months later...