Why become a member? ×

Event Audio 20/20 BAS V3

skb558

Shep of this parish has a pair of Event Audio 20/20 BAS V3 for sale. 

Im just starting out on the home recording journey. My dedicated office space at home is a small 9’ 3” x 8’ 6”. 

Would such monitors be overkill in such a small untreated space?

Advice appreciated. 

3 hours ago, skb558 said:

...Advice appreciated. 

They look to be just fine, to me (Disclaimer: non-expert...). My monitors are bigger than that, and placed at an arms-length from my armchair. No chance of getting 'control room' fidelity, naturally, but a welcome change from recording and mixing with headphones. I wouldn't bother trying to emulate 'ideal' conditions, just accept the limitations of your environment and crack on.
Just my tuppence-worth; hope this helps. B|

They would be fairly large in quite a small room by recording/audio standards. I'd try and put them on stands and isolation pads as well as keep them as far away from walls as possible - as central as you can make them. If you put them in a corner, it may be a boomy battle. 

They are good monitors though and a solid investment!

Thanks both.

I currently use a pair of Dynaudio Audience 50 hi-fi speakers to listen to music when doing the day job. 

It just so happens that mrs skb558 could use those in her art studio so question is, would listening to my collection through monitors drive me slowly insane or could I be a happy boy and kill two birds with one proverbial?

Not at all! I love listening though my monitors, not a problem at all. Bad recordings will sound worse through some monitors, but most of the time you'll be listening to well produced records and monitors will just represent that with extra detail. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, skb558 said:

...be a happy boy and kill two birds with one proverbial?

Both sets of speakers are highly worthy, with the advantage of being self-powered for the monitors, so no amp required. The Good Lady will be happy, too, as would anyone with such a set-up. No major issues; full ahead both, cap'n. :i-m_so_happy: