Why become a member? ×

Protecting back of the bass..?

pburrows

Helicopter tape........
It's used to protect leading edges of helicopter blades from stone chips so its pretty tough and easily applied/removed. I use it on my mountain bikes and people also use it on the front of cars - you can get various grades and lengths but try this lot....
http://www.paragontapes.co.uk/

Edited by Mudpup
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I am not sure I can think of any obvious and practical way to protect the back of your bass from the sharp edges of a bullet belt! I guess it's either a case of don't wear the belt or accept that you are going to muller the back of the bass, even with a really smooth and small belt buckle I can still see minor markings in the back of my poly finished basses, as nitro finishes tend to be far thinner you will see damage more quickly

• Like 1

Fender actually produced plastic moulded protectors for their range in the 1960's. Manufactured by Parker, they were call 'Bodyguards' and came in a variety of colours although clear ones seemed to be the most common. They were made for all of the main styles in Fender's catalogue - here's a rare Jazz bass one in (off) white -

https://reverb.com/nz/item/3255277-fender-parker-body-guard-for-jazz-bass-1960s-white

• Thanks 1

I could even imagine there being a security issue with the wearing of one of these. I understand that the bullets are fake (they are fake, aren't they..?), but in modern times, going to public places with paraphernalia of the sort seems, to me, to be a bit too close to provocation. Still, if one is 'into' strip searches, why not..? :/

23 hours ago, pburrows said:

Dudes. Has anyone got any ideas or expertise on sropping buckle rash? I’m going to start wearing a bullet belt and it’s going to shred the back of my bass if I don’t do something to protect it. I’m thinking about laptop screen protection film or something similar. The bass is nitro painted so I’d like to be able to remove it if possible.

Any tips or ideas welcome 👍

Yes, no buckles and/or T-shirt over the front of the trousers... seems to work ;)