Why become a member? ×

NBD I got this 8 string Schecter and it makes a lot of sound !

grenadillabama

Trick of the Light- The Who ? I had to refresh my Who memory -ha ! Is Ox playing an 8 string bass on that tune ? I noticed he was laid-back and not playing many notes on the verses. This Schecter 8 string is hard to fret cleanly because the big string touches the fret first; then the strings must be pushed down some more for the little string to get down on the fret. This bass might be useful in a 3-piece band. The neck pickup is only a single-coil in a humbucker cover . The bridge pickup is a humbucker.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, grenadillabama said:

Trick of the Light- The Who ? I had to refresh my Who memory -ha ! Is Ox playing an 8 string bass on that tune ? I noticed he was laid-back and not playing many notes on the verses. 

Well done! I realised afterwards that my post might look a little random if you werent familiar with The Who...

Trick of the Light has two bass tracks - the 8 string playing the distorted riff (I think it's the Alembic) and a 'standard' bass part as well. Entwistle recorded this way on Success Story as well.