Why become a member? ×

Spector Shorty (Withdrawn)
£2200

Grantd

Originally designed for Garry Tallent (Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band). The SPECTOR “Shorty" Short Scale (30 3/8”) bolt-on bass. 

Special Doug Wimbish neck design with narrower nut.

• Original Spector NS curved body style
  • 30 3/8" scale, 22 frets, Deep Socket Neck Insert for maximum sustain and stability
  • Graphite Reinforced 3pc Bolt on Rock Maple Neck
  • Pau Ferro Fingerboard, 16" radius 
  • Brass nut width 1.5"
  • Black Hardware, Custom Hipshot A style Brass Bridge
  • Gotoh GB70 Tuners
  • Dunlop Straplocks.
  • Body: Lightweight Swamp ash
  • Satin finish
  • Aguilar PJ pickups
  • Aquilar OBP3 active preamp
  • Controls: bass, treble, mid (with push/pull frequency select), volume, volume 
  • Weight - 3.7kg

Spector 1.jpg

Spector 2.jpg

Spector 3.jpg

Spector 4.jpg

Spector 5.jpg

Spector 6.jpg

Edited by Grantd
  • Like 1

These are almost unbelievably good - the most playable bass I’ve owned - my go to for almost anything.  Doesn’t look like this has crown inlays though. Does it come with the case? Also, any details re: condition?

Edited by three
  • Like 1

This is the twin of mine - adjacent serial numbers, same colour, almost identical spec, etc.  Mine doesn't have any crown inlays either.

Absolutely cracking instrument. 

The Doug Wimbush neck is particularly playable if you have small hands.

Super versatile bass. And the neck is great! I sold the case on Basschat a while ago because I had too many taking up space in the house and I never expected to ever sell this beauty. I do have a mono semi rigid bag for it though - probably more usable. 

Condition is impeccable, no signs of use at all.

• 2 weeks later...

Just visited Grant to try - and buy - an ACG.  Also played the Spector while I was there.  Great bloke, beautiful Shorty - I'd say anyone who's interested can buy this one with confidence!  If I hadn't recently bought a Euro Bantam I would have taken this instead of the ACG!!

35 minutes ago, scrumpymike said:

Just visited Grant to try - and buy - an ACG.  Also played the Spector while I was there.  Great bloke, beautiful Shorty - I'd say anyone who's interested can buy this one with confidence!  If I hadn't recently bought a Euro Bantam I would have taken this instead of the ACG!!

Thanks Mike.

Great doing business with you.