Why become a member? ×

Rob Allen Mouse - SOLD
£1950

Grantd

Mouse 30 Walnut Fretted Short Scale Bass. 

This Mouse features an alder body/eastern walnut top with faux tortoiseshell binding, an eastern walnut neck/Indian rosewood fingerboard with integrated thumbrest, and matching Indian rosewood bridge. 

The Mouse 30 Fretted produces the same full rich tone as the Mouse 30 fretless but for players that prefer a fretted instrument.  

• 30" scale
  • Neck woods- black walnut, mahogany
  • Mandolin sized frets
  • 1 5/8" nut
  • 23/32" string spacing at bridge
  • Semi-hollow body design with solid centre block
  • Fully shielded body cavity
  • Body finish: polyurethane modified oil
  • Neck finish: nitrocellulose lacquer
  • Single volume control integrated in bridge
  • Fishman preamp & piezo pickup
  • La Bella 760n black nylon wrap strings
  • Hipshot Ultralight tuners
  • Weight 5.5 lbs.
  • Celluloid nitrate binding on body
  • Overall instrument length 38" (same length as a Telecaster)
  • Integrated thumbrest

The bass is in Edinburgh, collection is preferable, but it could be couriered at additional cost

Rob Allen 1.jpg

Rob Allen 2.jpg

Rob Allen 3.jpg

Rob Allen 4.jpg

Edited by Grantd
  • Like 4

Lovely!

I had the pleasure of playing one of these at the South East Bass Bash last year and it was an absolute joy to play; very comfortable in the hands due to it being so lightweight and short scale, but it still produces a beautiful, rich and organic sounding bass tone.. 

GLWTS 😊

• Like 1

For those  put off by fretless......fear not - Meeses (most Rob Allen basses IMO) are really in their element as fretless. Tried a fretted and it seemed kinda clunky and uncomfortable. I am a fretted player but adapted super quick to fretless Mouse....and bought one. Have played it out numerous times. Great instrument!

• Like 1

On 18/01/2019 at 23:29, Tubster said:

For those  put off by fretless......fear not - Meeses (most Rob Allen basses IMO) are really in their element as fretless. Tried a fretted and it seemed kinda clunky and uncomfortable. I am a fretted player but adapted super quick to fretless Mouse....and bought one. Have played it out numerous times. Great instrument!

A Rob Allen Mouse was my Damascene moment, I had three fretless basses previous to the Mouse, all of which I really struggled with, the Mouse, however, just felt like being freed up. Fretted basses feel restrictive and unexpressive now.

Edited by Frank Blank

Just remember this is a fretted bass.

From Rob Allen's site: When comparing the fretted and fretless versions, the main difference is the shape of the note. Both will have the same full tone; the fretted bass will have a slightly quicker attack and the fretless will have a slower attack with a little bit of swell after the initial sound. The difference will be most apparent when playing slower tempos. The fretted basses are also very good for players that make use of playing chords and double stops, or sing complex vocal parts while playing bass. If you want a warm, yet clear sound with the precision of frets, I suggest a fretted model.