Why become a member? ×

Ibanez Mezzo bass - new for 2019

visog

12 hours ago, hypercarrots said:

i finally watched that and it really makes me not want that bass. that marketing is totally lost on me. looks like a college project promo video. 

I agree, watching that would put me off. Take yourselves seriously, Ibanez, and your products too.

Anyway, I already have a passive P/J which is perfectly good. I just originally liked the look of this...

Edited by mangotango

• 1 month later...

Just played one of these, what a great little bass! Maple neck was nice and smooth, not a hint of finish on it and no sharp edges. Tuners were OK, held tuning well enough after mucking about with it. Super lightweight as you would expect. 

Sounded decent enough through a TC head with good amount of boost from. The treble and bass controls. Since it already has active electronics it's prime for modding. Don't know if I'll be able to resist getting one of these..... 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Played one at PMT in Oxford, when I was looking for a bass and liked it. Sounded better than the GSR200 in my opinion, colours are a bit much but that is personal.  

Didn't have much time 'was on a DIY run', would want to compare it with some other medium scale basses

6 hours ago, Dennis1971 said:

Played one at PMT in Oxford, when I was looking for a bass and liked it. Sounded better than the GSR200 in my opinion, colours are a bit much but that is personal.  

Didn't have much time 'was on a DIY run', would want to compare it with some other medium scale basses

Thanks 

• 2 months later...

Well folks, I bought one, and ......I love it. Brilliant for the price ! Great for slap. A little bit ratterly but I did ask the shop to set action low as possible so can live with that. Very light - won’t be to everyone’s preference. No shoulder ache, or finger problems. Bought the retro cream, nice finish.

Some critics might say it looks / feels like a toy but who cares. 

Id be interested to hear from any Ibanez lovers who can recommend the next step up model 4 string-  loving the medium scale and neck compared to my very heavy 5 !

• Thanks 1

• 8 months later...
On ‎09‎/‎01‎/‎2019 at 13:39, mangotango said:

I agree, watching that would put me off. Take yourselves seriously, Ibanez, and your products too.

Anyway, I already have a passive P/J which is perfectly good. I just originally liked the look of this...

Hmmmm….what a difference a year makes.  Actually tried one of these yesterday and came away with the aforementioned smile on my face. 

Sounded bright and modern (great for schlappin' da bayuss), easy to play, looked better "in the flesh" than in pics/videos and lots of (dare I say it)…..fun.

Maybe I need to try out one of the 5'ers.....

• Like 3

• 1 year later...

I have 2 of these in Tango orange and Blue metallic, I absolutely love them! Now my go to bass and I have basses worth thousands upstairs.

Just the right scale length and easy for a 75 year old to play, thinking of buying the red one to mod a bit, I have a dimarzio dp27 laid around, hmmmm.... anyone selling one? any colour?