Why become a member? ×

Sold: 1985 Fender Jazz Bass '75RI MiJ
£750

timmchale2009

So this is incredibly reluctantly up for sale here is my 1985 Made in Japan Jazz Bass. Based on a 75 reissue, it’s a truly stunning bass.

I have made some significant upgrades to the stock bass. However I have kept the original pickguard, tuners and the Fender Gigbag.

The Pickups have been upgraded to a House of Tone House Special J Pickup Matched Pair. These are based on the original pre-CBS Jazz Bass pickup design and really brings that classic J thump in the middle and the quintessential Jazz Growl to life and is certainly more fitting for this bass. 

I have also fitted the official fender covers for bridge and pickup, again it gives it that more classic vibe and creates that beautiful 70's look.

I changed the tuners to Gotoh Lollipop tuners, I did however keep hold of the Clover tuners and these will also be included in the sale

The pickguard is now a proper celluloid guard, I find this just looks more authentic and enhances the burst finish, the original red tort pickguard will be included.

It weighs a rather nice 4.5kgs and sits well balanced on the shoulders.

Currently setup with Rotosound Swing 66 gauge 45 rounds to get the absolute most gone out of this beast of a bass.

Of course as to be expected with a 34 year old bass there are a few dinks and marks, I have included these in the pictures, nothing that affects the playability of this bass. Otherwise for its age this is in pretty stunning condition.

I will be including an Armourdillo Hardcase to suitably protect this bass. Postage is included in the price, more than happy for people to come and visit and try out here in Saltney. With that in mind i'm looking for £750 all in.

I'm not looking for any trades.

Any other questions, please just ask.

Thanks for looking.

IMG_0042.jpeg

IMG_0639.jpeg

IMG_4173.jpeg

IMG_4252.jpeg

IMG_4962.jpeg

IMG_5135.jpeg

IMG_7713.jpeg

IMG_7773.jpeg

IMG_9796.jpeg

Edited by timmchale2009
  • Like 2

Hi Tim, I like the look of this bass but does it have the thicker U shaped neck that is more like a precision from front to back not width? I had a 74 Jazz bass reissue that I regret selling and would like another. Does it have poly finish neck? Because you have added a bridge cover it looks like it maybe 60's spacing and not 70's. Please let me know and I may proceed with the purchase. Many thanks, Jimmy.

• MB1 locked this topic