Why become a member? ×

Wingbass - Sold
£550

Grantd

Lots of changes going on this year and this little gem, has to go unfortunately. Awesome travel bass solution, easy for flights, trains or in the car.

Open to reasonable offers

Specs:

• Length: 20-5/8" (52.4 cm)
  • Actual Scale: 16" (40.64 cm)
  • Tuners: Hipshot Headless System
  • String Spacing: 18 mm (0.708") for 5-string
  • Pickup: Bartolini 

From the Wingbass site:

The only differences between this instrument and a full sized bass are the tuning (the Wing is tuned one octave higher – the equivalent of playing the twelfth fret and above), and portability. The Wing Bass uses standard strings and gauges and standard string spacing so your technique building exercises can be retained when you return to your main bass.

It's extremely light and portable so whether your just hanging around the house, travelling on business, camping, whatever, you can always have an instrument to keep your chops up with.

Wingbass 1.jpg

Wingbass 2.jpg

Wingbass 3.jpg

Wingbass 4.jpg

Wingbass 5.jpg

Wingbass 6.jpg

Edited by Grantd
  • Like 2

Just now, ped said:

If you’re looking at this thinking “what the hell” believe me, if you have one you’ll use it all the time. They sound massive and are lovely to play. Awesome fun!

Thanks for the great comment Ped

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, CameronJ said:

How on earth is this still here?! I suspect it’s just a case of not enough people knowing about them

I'm surprised too. I thought maybe it's just January and most folks are a bit skint after Christmas.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1