Why become a member? ×

Bands you just discovered that made you go “Wow!”

TrevorR

18 minutes ago, Count Bassy said:

Rather an old band, but was introduced to 'Little Feat', about a year ago and love their stuff. I'm of an age where I should have known them from my youth, but they somehow passed me by.

I was the same when i first heard them few yrs back wondering why i had never heard of them before even tho they were a huge US band. Weird but nice.

Dave

56 minutes ago, Count Bassy said:

Rather an old band, but was introduced to 'Little Feat', about a year ago and love their stuff. I'm of an age where I should have known them from my youth, but they somehow passed me by.

Not so old. Little Feat have gone through several iterations and are still gigging. The early 70's when they were formed and led by Lowell George, the Dixie Chicken era. The reformation when they were fronted by Craig Fuller, Texas Twister, Let It Roll etc. Shaun Murphy took over from Fuller and now they are just a working unit fronted by Paul Barrere.

IMO they are always on form and there are great songs and albums from all line-ups.

8 hours ago, Count Bassy said:

Funny how that happens isn't it? Known and loved Little Feat since my teens, but only recently caught up with Allman Brothers.

Tuuletar:  see 00:24:00 onwards - especially the first song (24:00 - 31:30 ish). I had heard of them, and seen them described as "vocal hip-hop", which didn't inspire much confidence, but was at this show a couple of weeks ago and was blown away.

https://areena.yle.fi/1-50027364?seek=1440

Edited by Earbrass
edited to go straight to the right place in the video