Why become a member? ×

Daddario half wounds

hooky_lowdown

They're my string of choice, medium gauge, 50-105 (4 string) ENR72. 

No silks, just the D'addario coloured ball ends. 

I don't noticed that they die particularly quickly but they're not massively bright to begin with. I like higher tension strings and like the smoothness of flats but wanted a little more brightness than Chromes. I don't like new rounds brightness at all. 

These give me what I'm after, lovely fundamental like a flat, roll the tone back and they could be flats, but with a nice amount of top end, but never that new round bite. 

It depends what you like as always. What sort of tone are you after? 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Maude said:

They're my string of choice, medium gauge, 50-105 (4 string) ENR72. 

No silks, just the D'addario coloured ball ends. 

I don't noticed that they die particularly quickly but they're not massively bright to begin with. I like higher tension strings and like the smoothness of flats but wanted a little more brightness than Chromes. I don't like new rounds brightness at all. 

These give me what I'm after, lovely fundamental like a flat, roll the tone back and they could be flats, but with a nice amount of top end, but never that new round bite. 

It depends what you like as always. What sort of tone are you after? 

Yeah I'm a recent convert to these too, on most of my P basses. I love 'em, kinda best of both worlds and they last a while not being bright at the beginning. Not that expensive either so worth a shot.