Why become a member? ×

Madness NYE

Lozz196

Just looked up what bass he’s using, a Bass Centre Bruce Thomas Precision. Apparently made from basswood but there’s no lacking in his sound this eve, certainly giving me a rethink on basswood which up until now I’ve always thought a bit lacking. 

41 minutes ago, Lozz196 said:

Just looked up what bass he’s using, a Bass Centre Bruce Thomas Precision. Apparently made from basswood but there’s no lacking in his sound this eve, certainly giving me a rethink on basswood which up until now I’ve always thought a bit lacking. 

That’s what it is. I was trying to make it out. Sounds great and a lovely dark board too 😍

It just proves that you don't have to be a great singer to be a great frontman. 

A few years back I was in a band with a decidedly average singer but he was a great frontman, could get the most disinterested crowd eating out of his hand. 

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Lozz196 said:

Doesn't look like the head shape or logo shown in their ad?:  http://www.basscentre.com/british-bass-masters/bruce-thomas-profile.html

1 minute ago, Maude said:

It just proves that you don't have to be a great singer to be a great frontman. 

A few years back I was in a band with a decidedly average singer but he was a great frontman, could get the most disinterested crowd eating out of his hand. 

Surely better to have a great vocalist and frontman, Mr Mercury to name just one.

• Like 1

Yeah that`s the one, looks like Bedders has moved on from the Bass Centre one then. Thought it was a great presence in the mix. I did an online search which said he was using the Bruce Thomas bass, but thought maybe he`d had that changed to the 51 style controls but it`s def the JKG one, the facebook page shows it nicely.

2 hours ago, anzoid said:

OK, think I found the bass - it looks like it's a Joseph Kaye Guitars custom build - found a gallery on Facebook, so not sure if this link will work: https://www.facebook.com/pg/Josephkayeguitars-The-london-workshop-142235195836790/photos/?tab=album&album_id=1197588173634815&__tn__=-UC-R

Well found @anzoid that looks a superb bass with a excellent set of build photo's too!

Just watched this and really enjoyed it. Suggs not a technically spot on vocalist but his delivery and personality more than make up for it IMO. On 'Wings of a dove' he appeared to be having trouble with his monitoring, singing a couple of tones down from the band for the first part but then back on key for the rest. IEM problems maybe? In the second part he was back using regular foldback. The band sounded great, and Bedder's bass looked and sounded ace through my TV anyway. A good show, and easy to forget how many great songs Madness have, both old and recent.