Why become a member? ×

Equipment used for learning by ear?

CobiaMatt

2 minutes ago, EBS_freak said:

Pitch shift up an octave in the recording if you find it hard deciphering the bass from the low end mush.

Great tip EBS I do this a lot , it also sounds really nice with some reggae basslines played an octave higher 🙂

On 31/12/2018 at 10:35, Monkey Steve said:

Then pick off the easier or more interesting bits first.  Quite often that then made it easier to get the trickier bits as the relationship to the parts I knew was now clearer.  And if i wasn't getting some of the trickier bits, work on something else, or take a break and come back to it: it was amazing how many times I'd be sweating and slogging over a song that I just couldn't get after a couple of hours, walk away in despair, then the following morning it all made sense

defnintely this

When you say you might get some monitors I would say I have some G3 KRK Rokit 5’s and I don’t recommend them at all, I find it much easier to hear with decent headphones.

The other advice I would give is stick the track into the DAW of your choice and EQ it to bring out the frequencies of the part you are trying to learn.

• Like 1