Why become a member? ×

-- SOLD -- Fano Alto de Facto PX4
£1600

foxyFuze

Hello all!

Anyone else get a bit carried away this Xmas with "I just really want this"...?

After acquiring this a few weeks ago, I'm now in the position again where I can't justify having more than my PJ that I'll never sell and another bass that offers something a bit different.

There's this and a Fender Dirnt Roadworn up for sale; I'll keep whichever one doesn't sell.  I'm not in a rush to move these on so I'm not really looking for offers unless you might be looking to part-ex with cabs.

Fano Alto de Facto PX4

As per my other 'For Sale' post, I'll be gladly keeping whichever one doesn't sell. There are T-Birds and there are T-Birds - much chat on here about the merits etc of Gibsons, Epiphones and the various copies by Mike Lull, Cataldo et al.  This really is a dream to play and although pricey, it feels great and has that gritty sound you'd expect of such an instrument, minus the neck dive.
These have a great reputation and I do believe there are one or two Fano owners on BC (phil421 I think), judging by previous threads.
I know heavy relicing is not universally appreciated by any means, but the neck playability and overall quality is as you'd expect from a custom-made bass.

Body: Alder, Vintage Cream, Heavy Relic
Neck: Maple, Rosewood board, C Shape, 7.25" radius, Graphtech Tusq nut (38.1mm)
Tuners: aged Schallers
Bridge: aged Hipshot
Pickups: Aged Lollar Thunderbird
Pickguard: 4 Ply Tort
Electronics: Volume - Blend - Tone (with 16-way ToneStyler tone pot)
Weight: 4.05kg

The Tonestyler pot provides a range of tones; from a review some time ago it is described as follows:
"Step 16 (rotated fully clockwise) sonically duplicates a stock tone control at 10—the familiar “wide-open” position. From here, one click counterclockwise yields a no-load, potentiometer bypass setting that coaxes extra sparkle from your pickups. Continuing counterclockwise, the remaining 14 clicks provide discrete treble cuts at progressively lower frequencies."

It's currently strung with fairly new D'addario NYXLs for the fully 'grindy rock' sound it is great with flats also; it surprised me for sure!
I will include said flatwounds along with the NYXLs.

I'm happy to host no-commitment trials in Bristol, or could post if required.

Thanks for looking

IMG_0157.JPG

Edited by foxyFuze
sold
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...