Why become a member? ×

‘In Stock’

ped

A good word for GuitarGuitar. I placed an order on Saturday, email this morning to say the item wouldn't be in until the end of the week, please let them know if that was a problem. Mailed back to say no problem, but need it by Friday 19th. Second email an hour later to say they had just got it in and would send it faster delivery than I had paid for, even though there would have been plenty of time for the normal free delivery. Good customer service, I'll definitely consider buying from them again if they have anything else I want. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I ordered something online from PMT yesterday afternoon (friday) before 3pm, and paid extra to have it delivered today (Saturday) Having not heard anything from the courier I chased up PMT this morning and was told it was an error and they don't have one in stock anywhere, so the chap whilst on the phone to me ordered one from their supplier. I have to wait until Monday for an eta as presumably the supplier is closed.

Not happy, particularly when I have had to chase them up over the phone. I feel stupid for not calling them yesterday to check, but I shouldn't have to second guess what they tell me on the website!

10 minutes ago, zranyard said:

I ordered something online from PMT yesterday afternoon (friday) before 3pm, and paid extra to have it delivered today (Saturday) Having not heard anything from the courier I chased up PMT this morning and was told it was an error and they don't have one in stock anywhere, so the chap whilst on the phone to me ordered one from their supplier. I have to wait until Monday for an eta as presumably the supplier is closed.

Not happy, particularly when I have had to chase them up over the phone. I feel stupid for not calling them yesterday to check, but I shouldn't have to second guess what they tell me on the website!

I have to say PMTs stock system just seems to be a random display of virtual items displaying anywhere across their estate which appears to bear little or no resemblance to where any physical items are, even the staff in my local branch seem befuddled and exasperated by it.

I think I have been pretty lucky, never had any trouble ordering from Andertons, PMT, Gear4Music or AbsoluteMusic. Andertons I have sent one thing back, just because it didn't like it enough, and cancelled one thing that they didn't have in stock because I found it in stock and they have dealt with it well. For some reason I don't really trust Gak, but not sure why. Thomman is good but more of a delay and obviously the prices not as good as they used to be back 2 years ago, hardly their fault.

Gear4Music have dissapointed a few times, like they were the only group to have a Behringer pm2 when I wanted one, I added it to my cart, it was around £24, the shipping (general shipping not next day) was £17. I took it out of my cart!