Why become a member? ×

NBD.. 1963 Precision!

wateroftyne

Well done

Be interested to hear a long term report from you, in other words when the sheer joy of the purchase and you have forgotten how much it cost, how does it compare with those early 70's precisions you used enthuse about and also maybe some of those Fullerton avri precisions?

Be very interested

• Like 1

Lovely.  You're right about the tone, there is something different about a vintage bass.  I recorded the same track with the band (who were very patient) using my '66P, an MIJ E series P and an American Standard, they all sounded good and yet surprisingly different (to my ears at any rate).

Cheers all!

I've just returned from a trip to see The Bass Doc, who ran his eye over it as a sanity check. As I expected / hoped, it's all good.

5 hours ago, gareth said:

Be interested to hear a long term report from you, in other words when the sheer joy of the purchase and you have forgotten how much it cost, how does it compare with those early 70's precisions you used enthuse about and also maybe some of those Fullerton avri precisions?

2 hours ago, LukeFRC said:

We need one of your videos 

...both of these will happen 🙂

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, wateroftyne said:

Cheers all!

I've just returned from a trip to see The Bass Doc, who ran his eye over it

🙂

And Howard was best marras with Leo, as photographic evidence shows. Must be time for "that" pic again? 😁

• Like 1