Why become a member? ×

Short scale bass strings for A to C tuning.

cLepto-bass

Guest ixlramp

Whatever gauges you already like for ADG plus a single C string, buy singles by mail order. I don't see why a different tuning would change the gauges you like for ADG. Or do you not own this short scale yet?

Why do you think the ADG from existing sets may be unsuitable? Are you looking for a much lower tension, like a guitar?

Because a C string doesn't taper you can use any normal long scale C string, it doesn't have to be a short scale string.

There is no reason why you need Newtone customs for this, customs are expensive and there is already a huge choice of non-custom strings out there for what you want to do.

I've noticed on this forum that 'contact Newtone' is often suggested for no good reason.

I suggested newtone as there is a much smaller range of strings available for short scale basses, especially for less common tunings. I'm not sure I've seen single strings for short scale. 

It might be worth a look at the daddario string gauge calculator, you can play with gauges and tensions and see approximately what gauges might suit. 

http://stringtensionpro.com

Matt