Why become a member? ×

NBD Custom built Rickenbacker 4005 'tribute'.

Maude

3 hours ago, Jus Lukin said:

Wow, very cool! I'd be interested to hear how you get on with the Kahler.

Does the five string have tuner at the bridge? Never seen that before!

Yep - it's a Wilkinson conversion bridge I've had in my parts box for a while.

I've got a real Ric with a Kahler too; surprisingly it's good for subtle stuff rather than dive bombers and pyrotechnics.

tNEtcSg.jpg

• Like 2

8 hours ago, 4000 said:

Still one of the nicest “Rics” I’ve ever seen, real or otherwise. 

I'll second that. The flame under a translucent finish is stunning, I love a dark fireglo. HW did a dark fireglo 4005 a few months back, it was beautiful. 

• 1 year later...

Simply gorgeous. I get a little weak in the knees looking at something like that!

Congratulations!

A new bass can initially feel a bit odd , but simply putting the time on it will remove that. Over the years I’ve acquired a good number of different basses and no longer have many specific preferences.

• Thanks 1

It’s wonderful that those guys have achieved an internet guru status in the Rickenbacker world. I’ve messaged Dr Quist about set up things and his replies were prompt and specific. Amazing to have that resource!

3 hours ago, onehandclapping said:

It was made by Dale

I was referring to the work on MacCartney’s bass done by Rickenbacker , not the repro.
I wonder if Dale still making the odd acoustic or if that has ended with John Hall’s retirement.

13 hours ago, msb said:

A new bass can initially feel a bit odd , but simply putting the time on it will remove that. Over the years I’ve acquired a good number of different basses and no longer have many specific preferences.

The new nut and thumbrest made an enormous difference. 

After I'd sorted these, this was my sole gigging bass in the Mod band up until Covid put a stop to it all. 

As of yet, we haven't got going again due to a few reasons. 

I'm going out of my mind not gigging. 

I’m in quarantine at the moment , tested positive with almost no symptoms. I did two gigs last weekend and think I picked it up in the backstage area at the changeover at a festival. 
I suppose the inevitable is inevitable , I had been so careful over the last three years.

Since things have reopened after the last closure I’ve noticed crowds are not what they once were , and some venues are now gone. It’s been a rough go for bars and restaurants. I’m just a blue collar musician mostly playing mid sized rooms. But I love the work. And pray we’ll find a new normal. 
I love that bass ! And hope you’ll be out in public again with it.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, msb said:

I’m in quarantine at the moment , tested positive with almost no symptoms. I did two gigs last weekend and think I picked it up in the backstage area at the changeover at a festival. 
I suppose the inevitable is inevitable , I had been so careful over the last three years.

Since things have reopened after the last closure I’ve noticed crowds are not what they once were , and some venues are now gone. It’s been a rough go for bars and restaurants. I’m just a blue collar musician mostly playing mid sized rooms. But I love the work. And pray we’ll find a new normal. 
I love that bass ! And hope you’ll be out in public again with it.

Hope it stays asymptomatic and clears up soon.