Why become a member? ×

What are you learning / working on right now?

Crawford13

2 minutes ago, Angelus said:

I’ve got 20 songs for a panto I’m doing at the start of March, everything from Justin Timberlake to There’s no business like show business and 20 songs for a new band I’m rehersing with ( hopefully a gig or two after the panto ). Actually, go your own way is on both lists, so not that bad. 

Sounds like a good workout. A bit of fleetwood mac is always a good thing!

35 minutes ago, Angelus said:

I’ve got 20 songs for a panto I’m doing at the start of March, everything from Justin Timberlake to There’s no business like show business and 20 songs for a new band I’m rehersing with ( hopefully a gig or two after the panto ). Actually, go your own way is on both lists, so not that bad. 

Where you playing Lee ?

1 hour ago, dmccombe7 said:

Where you playing Lee ?

Panto is in Douglas, for a village charity, but no gigs with the band lined up yet. Ted’s bass player wants to play guitar and sing, I had a drummer I’d been rehearsing with, for another band and we got another guitarist ( was going to be Ted, but he’d too much going on just now ). Will let you know when we get a gig lined up. 

Edited by Angelus
  • Like 1

Just learned Tired of Being Alone by Al Green. Simple bass part beneath a beautiful guitar line. Just a joyful experience playing with such wonderful music.

Next up bunch of songs for dep gig on new year's eve. I know them all but need to blow cobwebs away.

Edited by stewblack

10 hours ago, peteb said:

'On A Storyteller's Night' & 'Midnight', both for a Magnum tribute

I remember doing "In The Beginning" in my first proper band and it was great fun to play.

Sounds like a great idea for a tribute band too. I'd go see that.

Dave 

Lots of love for Footloose here - and I can see why - but the handful of times I've played it I can't claim to have enjoyed it, as such. I usually breathe a sigh of relief once I make it to that curious ending. It's like a bass tongue twister with subtle variations throughout. Of course it doesn't help that the band I dep for play it considerably faster than the original. 

I need to get off Basschat and go rehearse it!

2 hours ago, thebigyin said:

Working on Chords/Inversions and Walking Basslines, well that's my new years resolution lol.

I found walking basslines so enjoyable and I got some great lines together really quick , I also found them exceptionally good practice for mastering the fingerboard, and there’s so much you can add to them yourself, it was time well spent for me 😀

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, stewblack said:

What a bass line! You must enjoy playing that. 

I really have struck gold with the band I'm currently in. It's Mod/Northern Soul/Ska so plenty of The Who, The Jam, Specials, Toots, etc and most Northern Soul has great basslines. The band actually want to the bass to be upfront in the mix as well. In 'The Real Me' I was told "more overdrive and louder". 

Happy Days. 

3 minutes ago, Maude said:

I really have struck gold with the band I'm currently in. It's Mod/Northern Soul/Ska so plenty of The Who, The Jam, Specials, Toots, etc and most Northern Soul has great basslines. The band actually want to the bass to be upfront in the mix as well. In 'The Real Me' I was told "more overdrive and louder". 

Happy Days. 

That sounds like a really good variety of music to play , I would definitely go to see a band playing this 😀

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Maude said:

Happy Days. 

Damn. My kind of music, my kind of bass lines. Band envy on full.