Why become a member? ×

Looking for a NAMM helper

Chownybass

Hi

In January I am going to be attending NAMM again, and sadly my usual helpers are not available. Ideally if it was somebody who was pretty good at truss rod adjustment 😉

Last time Silvia Bluejay and Happy Jack helped me out and I'm eternally grateful. You guys rock.

If anybody is thinking of going, I'd dearly love somebody who could help me cover the stand (otherwise I'm facing 4 days of not being able to go to the toilet or get anything to eat). I can give you entry and you can take one of the basses home with you at the end of the show (unless it's one of the new models as I need those for a few things yet).

Is anybody up for this?

• Like 2

The show starts on Wednesday 23rd January.

If you've never done (i) a really big music show, (ii) Southern California, (iii) a mid-winter break to somewhere really warm & pleasant, then you really should consider doing this.

Silvie and I had a really great time, saw some amazing stuff, met some lovely people, and came away with a bunch of memories that aren't going away any time soon.

To get our money's worth out of the flights we started by doing a road-trip to Las Vegas before the show, and then another road trip up the coast to San Francisco afterwards. We were helped (a lot!) by the fact that my sister lives in Pasadena, but chances are we'd have done it anyway.

The show can be bloody hard work, of course, but it's good work! It's fun and it's cool and you are in no way 'tied to the stand' for day after day ... there's plenty of time to roam the show and see what's there.

Feedback = 5 stars

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, krispn said:

I’d love to help but I’ve got gig commitments otherwise I’d have jumped at the opportunity!

Ditto (substitute work for gig) otherwise would also have loved to. Best get working on getting better with truss rods between now and next year in case the opportunity comes up again then! 😄