Why become a member? ×

Bass related presentry

ianrendall

Just now, PJ-Bassist said:

I got a neat little Fender Custom Shop tool kit, fits perfectly into the pocket my gig bag.

Sadly I must have been on the naughty list as Santa didn't bring me the Hyper Luminal compressor I was hoping for 😭

Naughty list here too. No Sadowsky in my stocking. 

A soldering iron to make pedals and cables, from my stepfather. He is a retired electrical engineer so he was very happy when I told him I wanted to learn this stuff.

Edited by oZZma

My luthier friend dropped this in my lap last week. Part gift, part barter for preamp design work I've done for him. Purpleheart fingerboard, custom neo sidewinder pickups optimized for slide bass. The bottom knobs are a temporary set I put on so I could get started on the electronics package. I'll probably go with something blond to complement the pickup covers and headstock.

MV4FL_5knobs_2.jpg

MV4FL_5knobs_1.jpg

• Like 5

Just the Geddy Lee book I bought for myself

Son #1 got a Darkglass 3BK, son #2 got a Hofner Ignition violin bass (he likes the Beatles) - so I still have new stuff to play with 😜

I may have to give up hopes of the Norris family band though with 3 bass players, unless we just play Big Bottoms over again :D

• Haha 2

38 minutes ago, knirirr said:

I received a book with lots of example blues bass lines, with accompanying CD. Perhaps, with some work, this may even result in my blues playing becoming somewhat interesting. 

Details please? Is it the Hal Leonard? or another one worth knowing about? 

Well after 40 years of playing, Mrs JPJ bought me a beginners book of reading the dots and an introductory lesson with a local music school. This is something I’ve wanted to do for years, especially as I’m working with ‘proper’ musicians these days. So yes, this 54 year old is going back to school and I couldn’t be more excited 😎

• Like 8

Nothing bass related from the family, but I got myself a Christmas present - the standard Basschat IEM starter pack: ZS10s and a P2, looking forward to my first gig of 2019 in Jan to try them out in anger.

Edited by Graham
one day, I'll learn to proof read
  • Like 1