Why become a member? ×

Santa 's come early...

Mickyk

And dropped off a Sire Marcus Miller v7 version 2 vintage  jazz.So far i'm lovin it,really nice neck and some nice sounds coming out.

The truss rod needed a tweek as the strings were sat a little high for my liking sorted that out  so it's just about right for me.

Can't understand sire not providing an instruction booklet of some sort,but it's all available online i suppose so no real set back.

Here's me hoping this relationship will develop into some meaningful love affair,and i'm sure it will.IMG_20181224_175124.thumb.jpg.b9ba01be417c3b3d07d6a848d1e3d585.jpg

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, scalpy said:

Picking mine up Thursday- bargain from bass direct (burnt orange) You can explain the preamp to me later!

It will be much later mate ,all those knobs and things will take some digesting.Ahh the burnt Orange one is that this colour,if so i was after one and was told that they hadn't arrived on these shores as yet,Anyway that Orange one is a dream to behold i think.

Edited by Mickyk

The preamp on my ASAT has many options but is really easy to understand, this will be a bit more grown up. I’ve been after a 5 string that wouldn’t break the bank for pit work (I can look after my instruments but others can’t) and this came up in BD’s Facebook feed last night- just knew I had to pull the trigger immediately at the price.

857E7524-AA06-4AF9-BD18-DEF00A88954E.jpeg

• Like 1

1 minute ago, scalpy said:

The preamp on my ASAT has many options but is really easy to understand, this will be a bit more grown up.

Rest assured, it’s a lot simpler than it initially looks. It takes a bit of getting used to when you want to fine-tune sounds “in the heat of battle”, but once you familiarize yourself it’s really pretty  OK.

• Like 1

On 24/12/2018 at 19:09, Mickyk said:

Spot on mate,the necks are are lovely to hold .

I have a P7 version 2 and the neck is really comfy. You should watch Marcus M`s YT clip he did at the Chicago music exchange (if I remember right) he explains the eq in particular the mids control which is the bit that had me a bit confused at first.

Re the bridge. I kept the base plate but changed the barrel`s for Wilkinson brass ones and stuck on a set of Schaller tuners.

Edited by jezzaboy
  • Thanks 1