Why become a member? ×

WHAT IS THIS?

Cicero

Just now, John T said:

The guy is talented, no question. Self indulgent, probably....is there a point, who knows.

I don't think Adam Neely is self-indulgent. If you check out his YouTube channel you'll see he is often exploring fairly challenging musical concepts, but he succeeds in getting them across because he is an effective teacher.

1 minute ago, JapanAxe said:

I don't think Adam Neely is self-indulgent. If you check out his YouTube channel you'll see he is often exploring fairly challenging musical concepts, but he succeeds in getting them across because he is an effective teacher.

I should rephrase myself on re reading my post....I actually meant the piece is self indulgent, not him.

I quite enjoyed that 😕.  At least he wasn’t slapping (which I can’t stand).

The only thing is he seemed to be using the term quintuplets to mean 5/8 or 5/16, but they are not the same. A quintuplet is playing 5 notes in the time of 4, but his musical examples were simply playing in a 5/8 time signature. Very confusing. But, being a mathematician and a huge fan of Balkan music I found this fascinating.

Robbie

Edited by Brook_fan
  • Like 3