Why become a member? ×

"Gig Foot"..Too old for this *%$@

skidder652003

1 hour ago, FinnDave said:

How does this work if you are unlucky enough to be one of the few to have been born with a deficiency in the leg dept? I, for example, have only two legs. Bit tricky making a triangle with only two sides, surely?

You "Do The A-Frame" Dave, the new sensation that's sweeping the nation ...

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, FinnDave said:

How does this work if you are unlucky enough to be one of the few to have been born with a deficiency in the leg dept? I, for example, have only two legs. Bit tricky making a triangle with only two sides, surely?

A frame. My memories crap 

I know this is an anathema to some bass players (and guitarist) but move around a bit, if you're standing the same way all night, it will put strain on the joints that take the weight, and the added bonus is you'll put on a more interesting show and get more exercise

• Like 1

Mrs M, who is an Alexander Technique teacher, says 'plant your feet securely to create a stable platform'. She says less printable things about my bass playing which are probably unique to me (so not worth passing on here), but the foot advice works well and seems generic - and I don't tire and my concentration isn't too bad over a two setter. I'm nearly 63 and it's only the (rare) consecutive nighter that's a killer, but then that's always been the case...