Why become a member? ×

sold:ESPaMAZEjazz5.c/wOrigLESPcase
£1661

eubassix

ESP AMAZE Jazz 5. c/w original ESP case. Outstanding condition. 2010 instrument (from the series first introduced 2003) but could pass for new (even has the ESP fret protect strip). Case (fitted) is also 'brand'-new: 35" scale; Seymour Duncan Custom sj5 pickups; Cinnamon ESP pre-amp w 3 band EQ; Ash body c/w exceptional Quilt Maple top; Gotoh Chrome Hardware. This range is generally only available i Japan (check for japanretroshop on ebay who have both new - c. £4000+ - and used £2k+ instruments for sale, plus shipping, duty etc.).

MVC-026S.JPG

Edited by eubassix
reduced

1 minute ago, Bassislife16 said:

The pictures are very dark and grainy....

English winter weather/light I'm afraid. I'll try to get some better/clearer ones, but these do show the overall look/quality of the bass + there's a couple of very similar instruments on the ebay links.

• 2 weeks later...
On 03/01/2019 at 11:35, eubassix said:

'japanretroshop' have just added c 18 new/used ESP-Amaze(rs) :-

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ESP-AMAZE-CTM-SL5-4515/163238948329?hash=item2601ccade9:g:Y7wAAOSw0c9bjo7H:rk:33:pf:0

(see other items)

Sorry to be party-pooper but this is different model. Yours is Amaze-DLX 5 NTL model that is "Standard line" of japanese ESP-basses. (now discontinued line, now called E-II) 

and the one on that link is "ESP Original" series that are ALOT more expensive. I know this cos I used to work at music store that brought these basses to Finland. I even had Amaze-DLX 5 myself! :)

DLX models were 2200euros new and Originals were about 4-5000euros :)

20 hours ago, Typhus said:

Sorry to be party-pooper but this is different model. Yours is Amaze-DLX 5 NTL model that is "Standard line" of japanese ESP-basses. (now discontinued line, now called E-II) 

and the one on that link is "ESP Original" series that are ALOT more expensive. I know this cos I used to work at music store that brought these basses to Finland. I even had Amaze-DLX 5 myself! :)

DLX models were 2200euros new and Originals were about 4-5000euros :)

Thanks for the additional info (.... I think) Typhus. I'm sure you're correct in what you say/know (I did try the usual online research re. these instruments but found nothing significant) - but could you recall/outline the spec. differences which account for the massive price difference. I've looked through the 'japanretro' photos/models and everything - other than the pickups - appears to be exactly the same

1 hour ago, eubassix said:

Thanks for the additional info (.... I think) Typhus. I'm sure you're correct in what you say/know (I did try the usual online research re. these instruments but found nothing significant) - but could you recall/outline the spec. differences which account for the massive price difference. I've looked through the 'japanretro' photos/models and everything - other than the pickups - appears to be exactly the same

Yeah, specs are almost the same. ESP Standard line is built in patches in small "factory".  "original series" basses are each handbuilt invidually. 

the pricing is crazy, when I worked at the music store we had alot conversations about this then...

These are original series Amazes: https://espguitars.co.jp/products/amaze

These are the E-II models that came after ESP standard series: https://espguitars.co.jp/products/e-2 (They dont offer Amaze anymore)

Its really confusing, they also have the cheap LTD-line, Grassroots AND Edwards models with (almost) same specs... not all of them has amaze but alot of them have same models with same woods ect but built in different places... Its very confusing.

https://espguitars.co.jp/product/4418/

I meant my comment just to be in good manner. I know you are a good seller, just made sure that everybody knows what on sale here.

SUPERB quality modern jazz basses, I had mine for years... regret selling it... Good luck with the sale!

On 13/01/2019 at 11:06, Typhus said:

I meant my comment just to be in good manner. I know you are a good seller, just made sure that everybody knows what on sale here.

Yeah, specs are almost the same. ESP Standard line is built in patches in small "factory".  "original series" basses are each handbuilt invidually. 

the pricing is crazy, when I worked at the music store we had alot conversations about this then...

SUPERB quality modern jazz basses, I had mine for years... regret selling it... Good luck with the sale!

That's fine Typyhpus - thanks for some really useful info & links. Genuinely appreciated.

I guess they are (or were) mirroring the example of e.g. Fender / 'Custom Shop' pricing cf. more 'standard' models.