Why become a member? ×

Cheap cabs alert

Mudpup

Plugged it in to the Rumble last night - it's definitely different!

Was it worth £99?

Hell, yeah. :)

Is it worth buying a 2x10 and separate head?

No, the cabs are way too heavy for me to cart around.  I'll be sticking to just the Rumble if I ever have to move gear on my own. :)

Edited by missis sumner

1 hour ago, missis sumner said:

Plugged it in to the Rumble last night - it's definitely different!

Was it worth £99?

Hell, yeah. :)

Is it worth buying a 2x10 and separate head?

No, the cabs are way too heavy for me to cart around.  I'll be sticking to just the Rumble if I ever have to move gear on my own. :)

this is it isn't it? they may be cheap and decent cabs, but the reason is, lightweight cabs are the way to go, a bargain is a bargain only if it's what you want anyway

• 2 years later...

Well, after almost 3 years I've just sold the Wharfdale cabs for pretty much what I paid for them. Not because they weren't great, but because I couldn't resist the absolute bargain Ashdowns from Musik Productiv. So I've now gone with a more lightweight two 1x12 setup.

As for the Wharfdales, they've been absolutely bullet proof. I've gigged them several times as well as used then for weekly practice for almost 3 years. They always performed and sounded superb. 

So all in all. Yeah I've been pretty pleased with my "cheap" Wharfdale cabs. Hopefully the new owner will have many years of Good usage out of them as well. 

• Like 1

Back in the day I owned an Epiphone Constellation amplifier. It came with a Wharfdale 15 installed. Obviously not the original driver.  :)  It worked very well and I enjoyed the unit. I discovered that the Wharfdale drivers were manufactured by Fane which left me a little let down. My dad owned a Wharfdale SFB3 connected to his Leak HiFi system. I used to practice through the system when I bought my first bass in 1962.

Edited by BassmanPaul
  • Like 1