Why become a member? ×

удачи comrade

probonopublico

29 minutes ago, probonopublico said:

You can read the Cyrillic, well if you know what it means.  

The main body of the text says "Electrogitara Tonika" or Tonika (Tonic) electric guitar. The really interesting bit is under the serial number where it gives the price. A whopping 145 Rubles, at the current exchange rate that's about £1.66. 😂

Edited by Newfoundfreedom

23 hours ago, Newfoundfreedom said:

Udachi.

It translates from Russian as something like good luck. 

However here in Bulgaria it would mean something closer to "hit it", which may be more appropriate. 

I found giggle translate said it translated “laughably bad”

• Haha 1

On 22/12/2018 at 11:51, Newfoundfreedom said:

The main body of the text says "Electrogitara Tonika" or Tonika (Tonic) electric guitar. The really interesting bit is under the serial number where it gives the price. A whopping 145 Rubles, at the current exchange rate that's about £1.66. 😂

Damn! I just knew that I'd paid over the odds for this ...

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, EssentialTension said:

And (if my Russian is at all reliable, which it may not be, because I studied it for only six months in 1969) the bass guitar was built in the Sverdlovsk factory of the Ural Musical Instrument company.

Ha! Thanks for that. I thought I read "Ural" in double quotes on that plate. (Just spotting a few random words because I can read Greek - I read no Russian at all, I'm afraid.)

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Happy Jack said:

For some reason I had always assumed that Sverdlovsk was the name of a city. Quite surprised to find that it's an administrative region instead.

According to Wikipedia, the city of Yekaterinburg was called Sverdlovsk from 1924 until the collapse of the Soviet Union in 1991. The region/oblast is still called Sverdlovsk. So your assumption was not incorrect.