Why become a member? ×

Synth pedal for Muse type sounds

mr zed

The Future Impact is the obvious choice but due to me being as tight as a ducks derrière, what are the other options to get that Muse type synth/overdriven sound? I have a EHX Metaphors pedal that gives me a muff type sound so i'm part way there. Is the Markbass Super Synth worthy of consideration? This will be for live use so needs to sit in the mix and once I've set the sound in I won't want to tweak on-the-fly. I also don't want to loose the bass so a dry signal would be good. Any thoughts chaps? Sorry if this has been done before.

I'm also getting VERY tempted by the Helix stomp but I've heard synth from multi effects doesn't really work.

Edited by mr zed

29 minutes ago, mr zed said:

Fair enough :lol: A Helix stomp OR an FI is currently in budget but not both at the moment. Maybe a stomp and a cheaper synth is doable at the moment or better still if the stomp on it's own can get me there?

Well I guess it depends on what fx are you key priorities.

If a great synth sound is a "must have" then go for the FI

If other fx are going to be important for you then get the Stomp and make do with that until you've saved up for an FI

If you can persuade Santa or his acolytes to contribute and / or you decide that life's too short, then get both! :) 

Edited by Al Krow

19 hours ago, Al Krow said:

Well I guess it depends on what fx are you key priorities.

If a great synth sound is a "must have" then go for the FI

If other fx are going to be important for you then get the Stomp and make do with that until you've saved up for an FI

If you can persuade Santa or his acolytes to contribute and / or you decide that life's too short, then get both! :) 

Thanks for everyone's suggestions 😊 Having reflected on this, I think the suggestion of getting the Stomp first and seeing how I go on (I want the stomp to go down the FRFR route anyhow). If I still feel the need for the FI, that can come later. Cheers all.