Why become a member? ×

Bass Stolen Last Night

Dropzone

Well, my car sits at the end of a very long drive in the middle of the countryside, so quite lazily I leave it unlocked. I had left a bass in the boot and this morning went to it to find the door open and someone had gone through it. These people were quite brave as the security lights would have gone off. So, if anyone sees a white squire 5 string for sale on the south coast let me know. Not looking for sympathy, as I should have locked it, just reminding everyone to be cautious in these times.

Cheers

Mike

• Sad 1

41 minutes ago, Crawford13 said:

Seeing far too many of these stolen posts recently...

Hope you get your bass back mate!

Some pics will help dude.

You’re not wrong! I am so worried, I’ve seen so many posts about stuff being stolen :( bikes, guitar gear, cars, everything 🤬

We have all done it after a late night - but I always now take as much stuff in the house as I can of value, Bass gear, PA and lights, with just four trips to the car there is 5K's worth of gear now safe.

Good luck tracking it down - A good timely reminder to all to think the worse this time of year.

Edited by deepbass5
spelling

• 2 weeks later...

Well, the update is that they ditched the bass locally and I got it back. I guess they must have thought walking down the road at 5am taking a bass (not in a bag / case) for a walk must have looked a bit incriminating like they stole it or something.

I am now paranoid they could come back and raid my studio. I have moved most of the guitars into the house but there is still so much gear I am frightened will go walkabout.

I need to invest in an alarm.

• Like 6

At least you got it back. My guess is that they are the sort of chancer lowlifes who are after mobile phones, sat navs and a wallet if they get really lucky. There has been a spate of it in Tamworth, I think mostly as it’s easy pickings and the Police don’t seem to see it as any kind of priority so it’s low risk for the scumbags concerned. I very much doubt they would put 2 and 2 together and work out you may have other stuff worth taking and even less likely to have the faintest clue where to offload such kit.