Why become a member? ×

Is it just me?

kevvo66

Did her and Peter Gabriel ever hook up (as in romantically)? Artistically they've always struck me as counterparts of eachother. Kate is a very rare example of a mainstream female artist I take seriously and respect...for Hounds of Love if nothing else. Give me her worst effort any day over today's autotuned airbrushed hoes gyrating their way through ghost-written "club bangers". Urgh. 

Edited by ForestPoetry
  • Like 7

I appreciate people admiration for Kate Bush my older brother always liked her and still does I remember in 80s that's hounds of love album he played it to me Errr no thanks, I then retired to my pit and put on Thearte of hate, followed by some, anthrax, PS she was good eye candy 🍬 

Edited by kevvo66
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, kevvo66 said:

Just heard Kate Bush on the radio is it just me I can't understand a word she sings, some xmas dribble of a song, awful pure torture

No, it’s not just you.  Even at her height I didn’t rate her.  Too 'warbly' for me.

23 hours ago, kevvo66 said:

Just heard Kate Bush on the radio is it just me I can't understand a word she sings, some xmas dribble of a song, awful pure torture

Yep, just you. One of my favourite artists.

22 hours ago, ForestPoetry said:

Give me her worst effort any day over today's autotuned airbrushed hoes gyrating their way through ghost-written "club bangers".

+1.

• Like 3

Dunno about this exact xmas dribble awful pure torture song, but by large I do love her output including this recentish theatre release.
An album that sometimes seems a bit overlooked is "The Dreaming", and I think it's wonderful, much like "Hounds of Love" is. IMHO of course.

On 20/12/2018 at 12:55, kevvo66 said:

That's me with most songs. Only found out two days ago that the first line of Cotton Eyed Joe is 'If it hadn't been for Cotton Eyed Joe, I'd be married a long time ago'. I'd been singing 'Fertadenbinfa Cotton Eyed Joe' for years 

On 20/12/2018 at 12:55, kevvo66 said:

Just you... Never mind her wider musical achievements, she's brought so much to bass players through the wonderful John Giblin and Eberhard Weber.

Song could be 'December will be magic again' or 'Home for Christmas'. Both great seasonal tunes to my mind...

• Like 3

As far as I'm concerned, Kate Bush is absolutely wonderful - voice, songwriting, creative vision and her own unique artistic integrity. 

Her 'Before the Dawn' show I went to in 2014 was the best live music performance I've ever seen and heard. 

We're lucky to have her in this country IMO.. 

Happy Xmas Folks :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, silverfoxnik said:

As far as I'm concerned, Kate Bush is absolutely wonderful - voice, songwriting, creative vision and her own unique artistic integrity. 

Her 'Before the Dawn' show I went to in 2014 was the best live music performance I've ever seen and heard. 

We're lucky to have her in this country IMO.. 

Happy Xmas Folks :)

Agreed entirely....She was unique when she first appeared on the scene in the late 70's and still retains that status. Legendary theatrical performer too.

There's no one like her even today!

I don't know why i wrote 'even today'.....Like there would be this kind of creative talent around these days!

Edited by John T
  • Like 2