Why become a member? ×

Bass similair to a Washburn B-20

Nibody

A while ago on Facebook I saw a bass up for sale that was a similair design to a Washburn B-20. Cant for the life of me remember the name of the Maker (did look up their website but like an idiot didnt save a link to it). Have a feeling they were UK based. Dont suppose anyone has any idea who it is that makes them?

That's interesting - because Washburn was related to Daion - early MIJ ones, at least were made by Yamaki Gakki, who built high-end and original design Daions. FWIW in the early 80s my first proper bass was a B-20, which I now know 100% was a Yamaki build.

Quest tends to be associated with Matsumoku - but it's true that the more research that's done into the 70s & 80s Japanese industry, the more such assumptions turn out to be wrong.

Anyway - @Nibody - was the bass you're talking about an 80s oldie or more recent? If it's a current model that would rule out the Quest & other vintage pointy basses!

No it was quite recent. Saw one for sale on Facebook a few months back and looked up the maker - was a small-ish company (I get the impression they are like a smaller "Vintage" type operation). Peaked my interest as I have always liked the look of the B-20 and they dont pop up often and are pricey due to rareity.