Why become a member? ×

Is this nice?!

Thunderpaws

I’m going to go against the grain here (‘pun’ intended) & admit to thinking it looks.......sort of alright.

The spray around the pickups is definitely a step to far though, & the price is just ridiculous. 

Good to see a Fender P that aesthetically isn’t as boring as f**k though!!

Hmmm, not my thing.

If they hadn't coloured in round the pickups, it would be a lot better, but still a bit fugly.
I really struggle to see where the £5500 has gone on this. Is that what a custom shop Fender costs?

Eude

1 hour ago, eude said:

I really struggle to see where the £5500 has gone on this.

You’re not wrong. I’ve just been on the Maruszczyk configurator & specced an Elwood to something similar as below (can’t do the Jake). That Elwood spec includes Delano pups & hipshot bridge & tuners. Build quality would be just as good & comes in at £1800........

968CF537-2CAE-43D9-B9A7-DFBAF3409134.png

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Wilco said:

You’re not wrong. I’ve just been on the Maruszczyk configurator & specced an Elwood to something similar as below (can’t do the Jake). That Elwood spec includes Delano pups & hipshot bridge & tuners. Build quality would be just as good & comes in at £1800........

968CF537-2CAE-43D9-B9A7-DFBAF3409134.png

Make you think doesn't it...

It's not pretty that's for sure, but it's no more hideous or offensive than the ubiquitous turdburst/turdashell combo finishes which have set the bar for fugliness far as I'm concerned, they really make my eyes bleed!

• Haha 1