Why become a member? ×

Roli Seaboard 25 *SOLD*
£310

I am selling my Roli Seaboard 25, as I have decided I run out of keys too much so I have a Seaboard 49 on order. As much as I would like to keep both I can't really justify that!

So £310 and you pick it up at my house in Yeovil. Or somewhere in somerset / dorset area within 30/40 miles of Yeovil for a bit of petrol. Or if I happen to be going that way (I go to Bristol / Bath often, and Exeter occasionally). Or I can post for the cost of posting via an insured signed for service.

The one with the rubber keys, or keywaves as they are known. Basically a continuous playing surface with the hint of keys, really hard to describe what it is like playing with one as there isn't much that is the same, although if you want to do synth basslines, you really can do it well with this. It is an MPE surface, which means instead of having one channel with note on / note off, pitch bend etc, each note uses a channel to itself so you can pitch bend each note independently etc. so you can slide between notes and up notes etc.

This is the most expressive form of keyboard playing you are going to get, I would do a demo but you would be better off watching someone like Marco Paraisi on youtube demoing it, or that bloke from Dream Theatre. Or that bloke with St Vincent. Never was good with names.

Yes, I know it isn't a bass but I thought I would advertise it here until eBay do another one of their £1 sale things.

justkeys.thumb.JPG.9bd6ac17176b9a672311a0754234564e.JPG

Sideallaccessories.thumb.JPG.551ca7e89c24377798ac1ef48b24b087.JPG

And if you get really good with it, you sound like this:

Edited by Woodinblack

I wish I had spare cash for this. I was lusting for the seaboard block a few months ago for the portability, so that I could noodle on the go. I even stalked the Apple store and basically made them get out one for me to try it. But full size keys would be fun for home. GLWTS.

1 hour ago, prowla said:

Nice piece of kit, but that just sounds like a keyboard player who thinks they can do guitar stuff.

To be fair, he really can do guitar stuff better than quite a lot of guitarists, see also his purple rain. But he does a lot of other stuff, that is a product demo, his own stuff is a bit more jazz than that. 

1 hour ago, prowla said:

Nice piece of kit, but that just sounds like a keyboard player who thinks they can do guitar stuff.

What’s wrong with that? Lots of keyboard players would be able to do guitar stuff (that’s why we have pitch bend wheels), same as lots of guitar players would love to be able to do keyboard stuff (that’s why geeks like me study chord voicings and learn chord melody).

42 minutes ago, therealting said:

What’s wrong with that? Lots of keyboard players would be able to do guitar stuff (that’s why we have pitch bend wheels), same as lots of guitar players would love to be able to do keyboard stuff (that’s why geeks like me study chord voicings and learn chord melody).

1 hour ago, Woodinblack said:

To be fair, he really can do guitar stuff better than quite a lot of guitarists, see also his purple rain. But he does a lot of other stuff, that is a product demo, his own stuff is a bit more jazz than that. 

No doubt he can play but that's missing the essence of Hendrix.

57 minutes ago, prowla said:

No doubt he can play but that's missing the essence of Hendrix.

The essence of Hendrix has been missing for 48 years!

I thought it was bloody impressive, and shows clearly how versatile and intuitive the Seaboard is.

33 minutes ago, Woodinblack said:

As do 99% of guitarists that do it!

And as I said, it is product demo to show what the product can do. He is a Roli demonstrator. 

That's pretty accurate.  Lots of people can play a couple of Hendrix songs (me included).  He was a pioneer in his time, but had someone else been that pioneer & Hendrix was born a decade later, I doubt he'd be anywhere near as famous.

Here's a product demo for those who maybe take offense to guitar emulation 😂 ...

1 hour ago, BreadBin said:

The essence of Hendrix has been missing for 48 years!

I thought it was bloody impressive, and shows clearly how versatile and intuitive the Seaboard is.

1 hour ago, Woodinblack said:

As do 99% of guitarists that do it!

And as I said, it is product demo to show what the product can do. He is a Roli demonstrator. 

It certainly looks a cool piece of kit - there's no denying that.

Actually, @Woodinblack, I think I should apologise to you for passing unrelated opinion in your for sale thread; it's maybe a discussion to be had, but it should be elsewhere in the forum.

My bad.:(

48 minutes ago, prowla said:

It certainly looks a cool piece of kit - there's no denying that.

Actually, @Woodinblack, I think I should apologise to you for passing unrelated opinion in your for sale thread; it's maybe a discussion to be had, but it should be elsewhere in the forum.

Hardly a problem, saves having to bump the thread. I am not really expecting to sell it here, but don't want to put it on ebay until they have one of those £1 sale things. 

The guitar is the most accessible way of demonstrating it. Personally I think the sax and cello are the instrumnents that really shine on it.

I really love this:

But I think it is true to say that more people would be impressed by the guitar than the cello, although for me it is the other way round!

• Thanks 1