Why become a member? ×

SOLD. Late 90s Fender Precision PB62 reissue.
£550

vinorange

Having just checked again I now find out that this is an O series bass, Crafted in Japan so made between 1997 and 2000. I first thought it was a 1999, then revised the listing to say 93 and it looks like I was probably right in the first place. Sorry about that.........

Up for sale is my Crafted in Japan Fender Precision PB62 reissue in naturally aged Olympic white (possibly cream now....) with red tortoiseshell pick guard, after market high mass bridge with rosewood finger board on similarly aged maple neck.

It's just been fully set up with relief set, frets levelled, crowned and polished, fretboard treated with lemon oil, action set nice and low, intonation set and has new strings.

Condition wise it's got a lot of surface lacquer cracks on the front and back, on the back has some wear through the finish next to the neck plate and the back of the neck has a couple of small dings which don't affect playability but it plays well and sounds huge.

The neck is a very playable 1.65" / 42mm wide at the nut, depth of 21mm at the nut and the bass weighs in at around 9 lbs.

It comes with a decent gig bag and I'll ship it pretty much anywhere double boxed. I'm in Chester but could deliver or meet up within 100 mile radius or so.

Edited by vinorange
Sold
  • Like 3

17 hours ago, ash said:

Very nice

15 hours ago, LewisK1975 said:

That is Lovely.

13 hours ago, PawelG said:

Just like my JV, one of the best color combos on a P Bass!

Thanks for the positive comments. When you get such positivity it makes you wonder whether to sell or not......

On 20/12/2018 at 20:58, vinorange said:

There’s a long story and a short version, the short being that sadly it has to go,

I've been there too..... :(

this bass does look lovely. Something about aged white colour body and red tort + rosewood.

I've been after a JV lately, but I'm wondering whether to switch my GAS desires to this very bass? Oh what to do? Advice please BC'ers :)

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Marc S said:

I've been there too..... :(

this bass does look lovely. Something about aged white colour body and red tort + rosewood.

I've been after a JV lately, but I'm wondering whether to switch my GAS desires to this very bass? Oh what to do? Advice please BC'ers :)

Only you know what to do - this is an awesome bass.

• Like 2

I’ve just checked again and found that the year is between 1997 and 2000. I was quoting it as a 93 bass but O serial numbers which are Made in Japan are 93 as opposed to Crafted in Japan which are made between 97 and 2000.

Sorry for misinformation.......