Why become a member? ×

Tina Weymouth BBC bass programme in Jan

arthurhenry

22 hours ago, steantval said:

Really enjoyed the Stewart Copeland episode on drums, well put together programme.

Sheila E was great.

Great show and very informative as well.. 

Sheila E was absolutely brilliant, but then I've always been a fan of hers since her time with Prince in the 80s.

Looking forward to the Tina Weymouth episode.. 

• Like 1

Totally loved the Stewart Copeland episode and I wanted it to be twice as long. For me, it only scratched the surface. Loved the 30 second drum playing that went through the changes from marching up to The Beatles. That was brilliant. Did anyone see the natural Fender Telecaster bass that was in front of Stewart when he was making the first bass drum pedal in his house :shok: Huge gas now, it was gorgeous :heart:

3 hours ago, Linus27 said:

Totally loved the Stewart Copeland episode and I wanted it to be twice as long. For me, it only scratched the surface. Loved the 30 second drum playing that went through the changes from marching up to The Beatles. That was brilliant. Did anyone see the natural Fender Telecaster bass that was in front of Stewart when he was making the first bass drum pedal in his house :shok: Huge gas now, it was gorgeous :heart:

Totally agree with the 30 sec beat transformation. Great see Ringo getting his props as well. The thing that struck me with the interviewees was the snares- vicious. Can't get my drummer to do that, he doesn't think it's tasteful!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, scalpy said:

Totally agree with the 30 sec beat transformation. Great see Ringo getting his props as well. The thing that struck me with the interviewees was the snares- vicious. Can't get my drummer to do that, he doesn't think it's tasteful!

Yeah, I found the Ringo thing very interesting. Yep, totally agree about the snare thing as well, very pronounced. Oh, I loved the Motown bongo's lady, that part was brilliant.

• Like 2

On 15/01/2019 at 16:27, bassbiscuits said:

Yeah I love Stewart Copeland's playing - really enjoyed the show and looking forward to Tina Weymouth.

Ditto that - but did anyone else think that Stewart Copeland looked a lot like Doc from Back To The Future?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

15 minutes ago, Skinnyman said:

Ditto that - but did anyone else think that Stewart Copeland looked a lot like Doc from Back To The Future?

Great Scott!!

I was impressed by and enjoyed his enthusiasm for music and drumming, and what a selection of interviewees!

• Like 1

On 12/01/2019 at 16:53, thodrik said:

My fear for the bass show is that it would be a bunch of stories about McCartney, Entwistle, Flea, Sid Vicious, Mark King and the guy from Royal Blood as the ‘new’ bass hero, with 20 seconds on Marcus Miller and Peter Hook.

Nice concise history of the bass there with a bit of colour... I want to watch your documentary.

From what I can gather, we can expect Jamerson, Hook, Flowers, Macca, Kaye, Bootsy and Bernard. One has to presume there will be some mention of the late 60s/early 70s British rock bass players and that Pastorius bloke.

Apparently the guitar episode next week is not on a par with the drums and bass shows. Make up your own jokes...

14 minutes ago, arthurhenry said:

From what I can gather, we can expect Jamerson, Hook, Flowers, Macca, Kaye, Bootsy and Bernard. One has to presume there will be some mention of the late 60s/early 70s British rock bass players and that Pastorius bloke.

Apparently the guitar episode next week is not on a par with the drums and bass shows. Make up your own jokes...

Good line-up... Bet we don't get Jaco

1 hour ago, visog said:

Nice concise history of the bass there with a bit of colour... I want to watch your documentary.

I think you could piece it together from bits of every other BBC rock documentary. Save the Royal Blood guy, might not have so much stock BBC footage of him.