Why become a member? ×

Joy to the World.. Hot Damn! 🔥

Cicero

I get it now! When people talk about playing bass in church it always conjures confused images for me. Church in my experience is a quiet, staid affair with mumbled hymns to the accompaniment of an often indifferently played organ. This is something else entirely! I mean wow!

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, stewblack said:

I get it now! When people talk about playing bass in church it always conjures confused images for me. Church in my experience is a quiet, staid affair with mumbled hymns to the accompaniment of an often indifferently played organ. This is something else entirely! I mean wow!

Our church band lineup is typically Keys, Bass, Drums, acoustic and/or electric guitar, tenor sax, flute, sometimes less, sometimes more.  We work on a rota, and rehearse for over an hour before each service.

(none of our bass players play like that, tho........)

• Like 2

What a D**k.

Drummer is the real hero, keeping it tasteful and entertaining while holding a clear rythm. Letting the bass breathe. The other way around when drums gets his moment? Nothing. Bass still hammering for attention. Is the church for his ego?

On 25/12/2018 at 11:40, Bolo said:

What a D**k.

Drummer is the real hero, keeping it tasteful and entertaining while holding a clear rythm. Letting the bass breathe. The other way around when drums gets his moment? Nothing. Bass still hammering for attention. Is the church for his ego?

Yeah man. One of the best players in the world. What a Di#k. Its one thing not digging his playing, and thats ok but to call him a Di%k...What was he thinking over playing like that.? Ive posted some sh×t in my time but thats a cracker. 

Edited by bubinga5
  • Haha 1

On 19/12/2018 at 11:02, stewblack said:

We play in a lively Methodist church on Sundays, we have a decent band and play 'soft rock' kinda songs.

We love it and my wife is the worship leader and plays a Taylor 12 string, happy days!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, bubinga5 said:

Yeah man. One of the best players in the world. What a Di#k. Its one thing not digging his playing, and thats ok but to call him a Di%k...What was he thinking over playing like that.? Ive posted some sh×t in my time but thats a cracker. 

You don't get what I mean, that's fine, says enough. Never mentioned the guy's skill.

• Confused 1