Why become a member? ×

Future Impact owners’ resource page

Quatschmacher

3 minutes ago, SICbass said:

Congratulations matey. You must be really chuffed and deservedly proud. Well done!

Thanks! Yes, I’m pretty exhausted and there’s still quite a bit to be done as we launched the online program database too, which is still in beta, and I need to write more detailed instructions for that to maybe integrate into the manual.

24 minutes ago, King Tut said:

Am I correct in saying the new firmware will only load via Chrome? Guessing this means I'll have to install Chrome on my Mac @Quatschmacher?

If you’re updating via browser on a Mac then yes. 

You can, however, update via the editor instead. All the instructions are on the support page but here is a direct link to the via-editor update method:

http://gg.index.hu/pandamidi/FI_v3/FI v3.00 update instructions.pdf

Edited by Quatschmacher
  • Thanks 2

Just be aware that the firmware update won't install v3 patches, you will need to do that after downloading the patch files and saving them via the editor in a separate process.  Chrome apparently installs firmware and patches at once like the editor used to do.

51 minutes ago, Kiwi said:

Just be aware that the firmware update won't install v3 patches, you will need to do that after downloading the patch files and saving them via the editor in a separate process.  Chrome apparently installs firmware and patches at once like the editor used to do.

If you use the online browser updater then it will install the firmware and the new v3 patches for you. 

The only reason not to use the above method is if you need to save your v2 patches first.

If you already have your v2 patches backed up on your computer then you probably don’t need to back them up, though if you’ve made changes to patches on the pedal via the PARAMETER and EDIT dials, then you’ll need to write down those settings as they are not stored as part of the patch. I enclosed a table in the update instructions to aid that.

Edited by Quatschmacher

EDIT 22/10/2019 

As the new v3 firmware launched yesterday I will move the discussion to a new thread and lock this one as much of the information here has been superseded and/or incorporated into the new v3 manual. Thank you to everybody who contributed to discussion here as it helped get me involved in working with Panda and helped shape the manual for the new firmware.

• Thanks 1