Why become a member? ×

Future Impact owners’ resource page

Quatschmacher

Managed to tear myself away from manual writing and try some patch writing. A new feature that just got implemented a few days ago as part of the flexis has helped me to nail something I was trying earlier with only partial success. 

Behold - a pad sound that switches between rootless voicings of m7b5, m7, 7 and Maj7 chords via the expression pedal. I’ve even managed to get the ninth to move down to the octave for the m75 voicing to give the typical voicing for that chord.

These new features really are amazing. 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1RZ1sySW33BoJn4nCSrHj8940yv_mw81E/view?usp=drivesdk

@GisserD I told you I could do it!

Edited by Quatschmacher
  • Like 1

Just got one of these and I'm not going to read the whole thread over again, so apologies if this has been covered.

What hardware do I need to do the updates, and what other uses would it have? 

Bear in mind, the only thing I know about all this stuff can be written on my thumbnail with a roller.

3 minutes ago, Vinny said:

Just got one of these and I'm not going to read the whole thread over again, so apologies if this has been covered.

What hardware do I need to do the updates, and what other uses would it have? 

Bear in mind, the only thing I know about all this stuff can be written on my thumbnail with a roller.

Roland UM-One.

The sound I created is on the v3 update which isn’t out yet - I’m beta testing it. 

2 minutes ago, Vinny said:

That's a pleasant surprise, I thought I'd have to get some expensive gadgetry. Do you happen to know if I can just jump to the newest software version, or do I have to supercede them one by one from what ever it's running on?

You can simply load the latest one that’s on the website. Currently v2.22. Link is in the first post of this thread. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Bo0tsy said:

there are strong envelope filter sounds in the FI!!

I told you they were in there, just a matter of playing around enough to get them. It’s about striking the balance between the AD/ADSR envelope and the envelope follower. Actually using more of the former and less of the latter seems key. There’s so much variation possible too. I might try and further tweak these to add expression control of one or more parameters. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SICbass said:

Hi Guys,

I have a problem using the FI Editor on both my laptop and my desk top. The window is always open to maximum size which cuts off the bottom bit and, try as I might, I can't reduce the size to allow me access to stuff at the bottom.

Any suggestions?

For Mac, I don’t know. On pc you can move the taskbar to the side. Didn’t we do that on your Mac too?

Is there view tab at the top to resize to percentages? There is in the new editor but it’s ages since I used the old one that I can’t remember. 

Otherwise, plug in a larger second screen and use split monitoring. 

Edited by Quatschmacher

I’ve cracked doing a smooth II-V-I using expression to change the chords with minimal internal voice movement. The only thing I haven’t yet managed is to get the 5th to become a 6th and then go back down again as there are no symmetrical transformation curves (I’m tempted to ask for one though). So the V chord uses a 5th instead of the better-sounding 6th. Still, pretty cool and not tied to any key signature at all. Might be better if I leave the 5th out altogether and then I could double the root to have all the voices on synth. 
Edited by Quatschmacher

4 hours ago, King Tut said:

I've recently discovered the tuner on my Future Impact. Trouble is, it's reading significantly sharp compared to correct tuning - horizontal line on the top of the three positions. Anyone give me a clue as to why?

Are you on the latest firmware? If so, did you perform a “reset all” via the boot menu after installing the update? If not, the tune base value will be incorrect.

When tuning, only the central horizontal line will show when the note is in tune. 

Edited by Quatschmacher

1 hour ago, Quatschmacher said:

Are you on the latest firmware? If so, did you perform a “reset all” via the boot menu after installing the update? If not, the tune base value will be incorrect.

When tuning, only the central horizontal line will show when the note is in tune. 

Thanks. I'm on the latest firmware but haven't done a 'reset all'. Thanks for your help 😎😎. I'm guessing I do that via the editor?

On 20/09/2019 at 14:46, King Tut said:

Thanks. I'm on the latest firmware but haven't done a 'reset all'. Thanks for your help 😎😎. I'm guessing I do that via the editor?

Boot menu!

To enter the boot menu, press the PROGRAM (left) footswitch while powering on the pedal. Turn the PARAMETER dial to “Note Off Level” to see the name of a parameter and turn it clockwise to any other position to see that parameter’s value. The value is adjusted using the EDIT dial. Step through the parameters by pressing the left footswitch again. When editing is complete, turn the FI off and on again.

The aforementioned two parameters of the boot menu are given below: 

(RESET ALL (“rS”)
Value: 0, 1. (Default on reset is 0.)

Change to 1 to reset all sound para­meters to default (5) upon power-on. The default program loaded at power-on will be reset to 1.

@HogBranch

Edited by Quatschmacher
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1