Why become a member? ×

Future Impact owners’ resource page

Quatschmacher

2 hours ago, Quatschmacher said:

Yes I’m aware, and the guy you bought from is has already trying to find found another!😆

Fixed!

2 hours ago, HazBeen said:

The game is called musical chairs 😛 

So that means I'm still in the game, right? 😁

• Like 1

12 hours ago, tonyclaret said:

I'm really liking this, had my first play earlier today. Some of the other fx are perfect usable for me. So much so, it could see me move on the HX Stomp. Looks like I might need some form of midi interface to sort the presets out via a PC? Can you change the order of the existing presets? Thinking I could have my favs all neatly clumped together.

Wow - that is saying something about how good this pedal is!

Have to admit I'm planning on still having both sitting next to each other on my board for the foreseeable future, there are some things (like parallel routing of effects for clean blend) that are easy to do on the Stomp but not sure could be done on the FI and obviously there are a whole bunch of additional effects available on the Stomp; the FI does what it does incredibly well :) 

1 hour ago, Al Krow said:

Fixed!

So that means I'm still in the game, right? 😁

Most certainly! You are the grand master of seller’s remorse dodging for which I respect and salute you 😁

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Al Krow said:

there are some things (like parallel routing of effects for clean blend) that are easy to do on the Stomp but not sure could be done on the FI

What exactly do you mean by this? Can you give an example?

Edited by Quatschmacher

28 minutes ago, Quatschmacher said:

What exactly do you mean by this? Can you give an example?

So you can have both serial and parallel effects internally on the Stomp. (In contrast only in-series available on the Zoom multis so would need an LS-2 or similar to get a comparable result AND require external dedicated pedals).

Not aware that you can set up different effects patches in parallel on the FI in the same way you can do on the Stomp - but please correct me if I have that wrong! 

Edited by Al Krow

10 minutes ago, Al Krow said:

So you can have both serial and parallel effects internally on the Stomp. (In contrast only in-series available on the Zoom multis so would need an LS-2 or similar to get a comparable result AND require external dedicated pedals).

Not aware that you can set up different effects patches in parallel on the FI in the same way you can do on the Stomp - but please correct me if I have that wrong! 

Ah, no, series only on FI. You can choose the order of the EQ and drive and choose whether dry and/or wet get sent to them.

4 hours ago, Al Krow said:

Wow - that is saying something about how good this pedal is!

Have to admit I'm planning on still having both sitting next to each other on my board for the foreseeable future, there are some things (like parallel routing of effects for clean blend) that are easy to do on the Stomp but not sure could be done on the FI and obviously there are a whole bunch of additional effects available on the Stomp; the FI does what it does incredibly well :) 

Yeah, early days but for the amount of effects I actually use, the stomp is a bit of a luxury. Obviously there are other features too and a great piece of kit Might keep both, will see. 

Edited by tonyclaret

Just to tidy the thread up, all my v3 sound clips are available to listen to here. If you let it load through the google drive app you can then swipe right to move to the next clip and all patch numbers are given. 

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1u2-dJaWdaAbPDnDdWkipu-P7IH_GHLQ2

Current numbered list looks like this:

198EB3A1-4F3D-4FE6-A2E0-6EFC76ED8CBB.jpeg

2EEBC685-39AC-4B92-BA17-551E0C1B7A54.jpeg

D4C5E1DF-F45C-44B8-9FCD-AE64351061BE.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Not sure if this is the right place and I may be well of track but can the FI do any of the sample and hold stuff like the SuperEgo or Freeze? I’ve not seen anything like that but thought it worth an ask. 

Also, is anyone using one on upright?

17 minutes ago, MrTea said:

Not sure if this is the right place and I may be well of track but can the FI do any of the sample and hold stuff like the SuperEgo or Freeze? I’ve not seen anything like that but thought it worth an ask. 

Also, is anyone using one on upright?

In the near future. 

17 minutes ago, owen said:

I have messed with mine on upright. It is my intention to program it to have a filter with will open progressively the more arco pressure I apply. One day. Maybe.

If higher arco pressure translates to a volume increase then this will be possible.

Actually there’s an idea for a product right there: a bow with tension measuring sensor (like the bridge saddles of midi basses) which would send out that info as a midi cc message which could then be sent to a parameter via the mod matrix. 

Edited by Quatschmacher

On 08/06/2019 at 16:55, Quatschmacher said:

If higher arco pressure translates to a volume increase then this will be possible.

Actually there’s an idea for a product right there: a bow with tension measuring sensor (like the bridge saddles of midi basses) which would send out that info as a midi cc message which could then be sent to a parameter via the mod matrix. 

That's a niche market right there 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Quatschmacher said:

Just added some new OC-2-type patches, including two which use an expression pedal to gradually morph to a different synth sound. See link in above post.  

Peter you are doing quite a service here! i can't wait to put all these delicious sounds in my V3 FI.

Squanchy for president!

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, GisserD said:

Squanchy for president!

18 minutes ago, Al Krow said:

Also now fixed 😁

I think Darren nailed it, Squanchy* would definitely make a better president and be ironically less of a cartoon character. 

*See “Rick and Morty” for details. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

What I like about the FI is that I have other people to struggle with that stuff for me who then just present patches which enable me to say "that is ace, I can use that" instead of "this pedal looked ace but I have owned it for 2 years and can still not make head nor tail of it". This is not being lazy. Too many parameters make my head all fuzzy. I can not even read piano music because there is too much going on.

• Like 1