Why become a member? ×

Future Impact owners’ resource page

Quatschmacher

1 hour ago, Al Krow said:

Be really interesting to hear what your patches sound like on a 'plain vanilla' bass, given that's how most of us will likely be using our FIs, and whether the FI can track a bass as well as it can keys? 

I doesn’t track the keys; rather it takes midi note on and off messages so that’s always going to be quicker than on bass. Having said that, plenty of these patches work on bass (though some need the release times lengthening to avoid envelope clicks).

10 minutes ago, Quatschmacher said:

I doesn’t track the keys; rather it takes midi note on and off messages...

Is that a bit like saying we don't hear a bass being played - what we're hearing is actually vibrating air molecules? 😂

Edited by Al Krow

Just now, Al Krow said:

Is that a bit like saying we don't hear a bass being played - what we're hearing is actually vibrating air molecules? 😂

Nah. It’s just that when using keys it’s exactly like a synth keyboard as it’s not responding to incoming audio signals as it is when using it with a bass guitar. 

6 minutes ago, Quatschmacher said:

Nah. It’s just that when using keys it’s exactly like a synth keyboard as it’s not responding to incoming audio signals as it is when using it with a bass guitar. 

Ok well you've definitely lost me on the technicalities here Q, as I have no idea why a synth keyboard signal is different to a bass audio signal as far as the FI is concerned (but maybe it's something I should know?)

For now, I'll settle for knowing that the FI doesn't track a bass as well as it does a midi keyboard :) 

Edited by Al Krow

9 minutes ago, GisserD said:

Midi 101 bas! 🤣

Haha - I'll leave such niceties to my younger future self who took a diversion into electronic engineering and making a name for himself with plastic lunch boxes on the other side of the pond.

I've just worked out how to use the ToneLib editor for my Zoom pedals, that's quite enough intellectual exercise for Q2 2019 thank you very much! 😂

Time to master ghost notes...

33 minutes ago, GisserD said:

Peter that "Squanchy" patch is making my danglies tingle!!

can you share that patch please?

It’s a v3 patch and one I’ll probably submit for use as a factory patch. Regardless, of course I’ll share it.  

Speaking of awesome demos...

8 hours ago, Quatschmacher said:

I think the very last one (which Q posted on a FI FS thread) is missing from his earlier post above.

These are seriously good octaver patches. Q has informed me that the FI tracks all the way down to a low E (wow!) and possibly even lower.

I'm seriously thinking of moving my moving my Valeton OC-10 on!

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Hugsonic said:

My MXR BOD went that way.. Created a patch based on an OC2 patch from TB. A/B ed them and the FI sounded better. I loved my BOD so that alone shows how great this thing is. Cmon update! 

The first portion of the clip is totally doable on anything up to and including v2.2 and I can share settings. I can’t share a patch yet without rolling back my beta firmware, otherwise I’d do so. Happy to share settings though until such tone that v3 is public ally released. 

The second part of the clip has simultaneous EQ and drive which is a v3-only feature. 

I'm really liking this, had my first play earlier today. Some of the other fx are perfect usable for me. So much so, it could see me move on the HX Stomp. Looks like I might need some form of midi interface to sort the presets out via a PC? Can you change the order of the existing presets? Thinking I could have my favs all neatly clumped together.

1 hour ago, tonyclaret said:

I'm really liking this, had my first play earlier today. Some of the other fx are perfect usable for me. So much so, it could see me move on the HX Stomp. Looks like I might need some form of midi interface to sort the presets out via a PC? Can you change the order of the existing presets? Thinking I could have my favs all neatly clumped together.

Yes, interface will allow reshuffling but also new patch creation. 

50 minutes ago, tonyclaret said:

Wow, some to go at there. How do you preview these sounds, or can you without loading into editor. I just get kicked off everytind it tries to access.

How do I access the tuner? 

Thanks for all your efforts and time, appreciated.

These links are sound clips of patches I’ve created for the upcoming v3 firmware, just click to listen.

To preview patches using the pedal you need to plug into a PC and use the editor. The editor allows you to browse a folder of patch from your PC and loads one into a temporary edit buffer so you can hear it. You can then select ones you like and write them to the pedal. I posted an explanation of how to do this above (if I haven’t already, I’ll paste it into the first post so people don’t need to hunt).

Tuner is accessed by a long press of the on/off footswitch. (You need to have a firmware version installed which has the tuner of course.) 

2 minutes ago, HazBeen said:

What a great page, nice on Herr Quatschmacher! Das ist gar kein quatsch ;)

Thanks, I may have to create a new one once the new firmware is out as there’ll be some differences. Hopefully it’ll be astounding enough to make you not sell your FI again! 😆

Edited by Quatschmacher
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Quatschmacher said:

Thanks, I may have to create a new one once the new firmware is out as there’ll be some differences. Hopefully it’ll be astounding enough to make you not sell your FI again! 😆

I have - as you may know/may not - procured a replacement ........ I was wrong, cannot do without it :)