Why become a member? ×

£40 for a plextrum used by who?

Just now, Jus Lukin said:

He doesn't play for Threatin, does he?!

I'm not into memorabilia, but did pick up one of Ron Asheton's dropped plectrums when stage-crewing for The Stooges. It just sits in a box of other bits, but I thought it was kind of a cool thing to rescue from the litter pickers!

That is quite cool, but I'd imagine it only really means something to you, because you know when and where it comes from. Selling anything like that involves the murky world of proof of provenance. This chap might go on to become the next Jimi Hendix, but somehow I doubt it!

• 3 weeks later...
On 16/12/2018 at 10:18, Jus Lukin said:

I'm not into memorabilia, but did pick up one of Ron Asheton's dropped plectrums when stage-crewing for The Stooges. It just sits in a box of other bits, but I thought it was kind of a cool thing to rescue from the litter pickers!

I've got a pick used/thrown out in the crowd by Steve harris that I got from a British Lions gig a few years ago 

On 31/12/2018 at 21:30, Jimothey said:

I've got a pick used/thrown out in the crowd by Steve harris that I got from a British Lions gig a few years ago 

There must have been a few bands with that name over the years - I remember seeing The British Lions supporting Rainbow back in the early 80's...