Why become a member? ×

Flat Chromes query

dmccombe7

2 hours ago, dmccombe7 said:

I'll try one set at a time to see how they fair up. Need some more digging on theTapewounds tho. Are they the same as Elixir strings ?

Do they last longer than the usual nickel strings tho

I've got Elixir strings on my Warwick and Overwater J4 and they are ok just a little more tension than i prefer but you get used to it after a while.

Elixir have a very light coating, so although they are both coated, they would be quite different in use. They can last a long time, so i hear. I've never tried them though. 

Damn, now i have an itch...

Edited by Chiliwailer
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Chiliwailer said:

Elixir have a very light coating, so although they are both coated, they would be quite different in use. They can last a long time, so i hear. I've never tried them though. 

Damn, now i have an itch...

Sorry :D

• Haha 1

Have Chromes on a Yamaha BB414 and Cobalt flats on a P. Price is similar, as is sound. Initially, the Cobalts a very bright, as they should be, they are a round with a ribbon overwound. But as with both brands, after a couple of yoears, they both just sound like nice flats!
:D

Edited to add that I'd buy either of these again, but now the rock band's finished, probably Chromes.

Edited by Telebass
  • Like 1